Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2009, 07:57 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,465,044 times

Advertisements

I drive down Alma every day north of Legacy. They started road construction there a few months ago and they pretty much have everything done. The problem I have is they left the barrels up and the lanes that have been finished for 4-6 weeks are still blocked off. You'd think once they got really close to finishing they would want to get it doen and pull those orange barrels out of there. I wonder why they get a project 95% complete and then just let it sit for months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 08:11 AM

Foudn this on the plano web site.

ALMA DRIVE WIDENING – SPICEWOOD DRIVE TO TATUM DRIVE – Project includes widening from 4 to 6 lanes. The inside lanes of north and south bound Alma Drive will be closed periodically for construction activity between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm. Monday through Saturday. Traffic may want to seek alternate routes. (Lee Stimpson/Walt Elwood)

Old 07-29-2009, 07:06 AM

I emailed the city to ask what was goign on and this was the response from the Plano Government....

The City Manager and the City’s Director of Public Works & Engineering forwarded your e-mail to me to provide you with an update on our Alma Drive Widening project. I am the City’s project manager for the project, so feel free to contact me directly if you have any other questions or issues in the future.

Over the past three to five weeks it may have appeared that there was little being done on the project due to the completion of some of the major paving operations, but the contractor was completing the right turn lane, storm drain improvements and sidewalk at the Hedgcoxe Road intersection, the repaving of the Bass Drive intersection, miscellaneous pavement patching on Alma Drive, and trying to track down and repair several disruptions in the street light circuits at the north end of the project.

The weather this week may slow down progress a little, but the contractor should start working on curb and gutter replacement on the southbound lanes and replacement of some new panels northbound that were damaged during a rain storm when they were first poured. There will also be some minimal lane closures as the median landscaping, irrigation systems and street lights are installed to close out the project.
Again don’t hesitate to call or e-mail me if you have any questions as we complete this project.

Lee Stimpson, P.E.
Senior Engineer
Engineering Department
City of Plano
P.O. Box 860358
Plano, TX 75086-0358
972-941-7152
lees@plano.gov
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: