Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 10:16 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,533,131 times

Advertisements

yada, yada is right...
I guess I was thinking mainly of tract homes but most custom builders don't do a true J-calc for the homes they build--master down or not--they/their HVAC contractor "guestimate" based on total sq ft and number of windows and how much they want to budget for the HVAC--most of them don't do foam insulation or use different levels of window tinting for different orientations--they don't use larger overhanging eaves--and developers don't really take into account the orientation factor of the sun when designing their subdivisions--they just try to maximize number of homes/streets to get more return on money...
so I don't think I need to provide statistics for what is pretty much a common post on these forums and others on the Internet
the fact that YOUR HOUSE is different just makes you the exception to the rule--that should make you happy--
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 02:19 PM

40,920 posts, read 48,870,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miokie View Post
What does PITA stand for?
"Pain in the A**"

A great real estate story is an agent who had a difficult client had the title company add a PITA Fee to his closing statement. The lender saw this and made them remove it.

There are times a PITA fee should be added. Or in case of some agents, a Pita credit should be given to a client for putting up with drama agents.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:07 AM

7 posts, read 89,314 times
Masters up is perfectly fine.
Our realtor did not insist but explained to us the pros and cons.

It is your personal preference. Our preference is very similar to the post below.

In fact, our home ( 10 yrs old) has a modern look to it with an open floor plan,big media room etc etc... which were missing in the other houses which had master bedroom down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sftransplant View Post
Be careful about using these online forums. There are a LOT of loud voices that aren't always helpful. They keep reiterating their own ideas in every thread, but they don't necessarily work for you.

You should go with what works for YOU as long as its not a really really obscure plan.

After a lot of thought, I have come to the conclusion that Master UP is better for me and my family as long as there's

a. a full bathroom downstairs
b. guest bed (or study that I can convert to a bedroom) for guests/parents

I value the fact that I can be on the same level as my kids a LOT MORE than thinking about some baby boomers not wanting my house. Anyways, I'd think that empty nesters/baby boomers would anyway want a smaller house. And I'm very happy to get the exercise to go up and down when required.

So, in essence, master UP is absolutely OK. There are a lot of buyers who don't really care about this. Most of the houses on the coasts have ALL beds upstairs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas