Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 07:04 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago_transplant View Post
The $30 SRO seats aren't even in the stadium. They're literally outside of the stadiuma nd you will be watching the game through glass. Awesome!
Listening to Jerry talk about this "AWESOME opportunity" the other night on the news I was like, your such a gimmick it is pathetic. He actually thought this was a great opportunity for the people and Cowboys fans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 07:05 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,465,044 times
You would think that someone building a new stadium would want to please your average fan first and foremost. It sure doesnt seem that way with the new stadium. I know they wont get a penny of my money.

Im not a Cowboys fan anyway. I would love to see the cowboys have a few bad seasons. Maybe then the prices would be more affordable. I am not a fan of Jerry. I dont like him or anything he is stands for.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:06 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,465,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
DART will have some areas for "park and ride" to some of the games. Might see where one of those will be located that is convienent for you to get to. Should be near a DART park and ride lot and DART rail station.
Is that really the plan? We used to take these buses to games in the 1970s - got picked up from Valley View - but I heard they haven't had the buses in years to the old stadium. It doesn't seem like DART would be going all the way to Arlington.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:18 AM

2,138 posts, read 6,320,313 times
I gotta be honest. When I saw the title of this thread, I almost spit my coffee all over my monitor. No offense to the OP, but HI-larious! Gotta love Arlington--largest city in the US without public transport and I think they're quite content with that. I'm just hoping for the perfect storm of a Cowboys game occurring on the same day as a Rangers game occurring on the same day as a major theme day at Six Flags.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:31 AM

2,394 posts, read 8,596,369 times
I'm not surprised the SRO tickets are technically outside the stadium - I'd bet money that's the only way he could get around the maximum seating, as per fire code. Since it's not "in the stadium", it doesn't count. Screw safety as long as Jerry can make a buck. Slime-ball I tell ya.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
I gotta be honest. When I saw the title of this thread, I almost spit my coffee all over my monitor. No offense to the OP, but HI-larious! Gotta love Arlington--largest city in the US without public transport and I think they're quite content with that. I'm just hoping for the perfect storm of a Cowboys game occurring on the same day as a Rangers game occurring on the same day as a major theme day at Six Flags.
And a graduation day at UTA (possible in December).

For the George Strait concert the shuttles that are going to normally run for Cowboys games pulled the plug. They REFUSED to get tied up in the mess.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:23 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
anyone who would want to attend a Cowboy game is just lame

Jerry Jones is just not what the Cowboys USED to be about--and forget his latest limp wrist choice for coach--Wade Phillips is not going to win a Super Bowl for Dallas--too pathetic and fat--can't contol himself--much less his players
as weird and controlling as Tom Landry was, he knew how to coach a football team and win football games--I don't think he was as great a guy as some people do since I think he was really pretty hypocritical about what some of the players on his team were going through
but he got the job done...

Old 08-08-2009, 09:09 AM

What......... you don't like Coach Cupcake?

Someone needs to make him a pink jersey w/ that name on it.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:31 AM

1 posts, read 6,281 times
Default Arlington dweller

I've read the threads. Good luck to you. Arlington is about an a narrow town wedged in between the well known Dallas/Fortworth (metroplex). A metroplex being a compilation of cities all meshed with few visible borders.

The airport technically being at the furthest most eastern corner of Fortworth. and arlington actually abuttes IRVING.

That said.. In Texas if you don't have a car.. travel in the metroplex is dicey at best. Yes. the light rail helps, each city/town must expand and grow. Light rail only helps east/west travel.

Arlington, has denied public transit for as long as I can remember. The party line has always been no public systems help to keep the crime/transient behaviors lower than in our surrounding bigger cities.

While that MIGHT be true, it means Until the Cowboys ORG.. specifically Jerry Jones, got the sweetest deal in history..(with the taxpayers paying for 1/3 or the billion plus dollar stadium AND he retains ownership oops excuse me.. "management rights" technically.. of said stadium.. that was the party line. Even when voting on the tax..(barely passed 50/49) no one replied to question about travel to events. city sponsored Shuttles? Rent a bus? All have to be approved via zoning.. and that means if it possibly takes money out of JJ pockets..(private parking for instance) ya don't get it.(several have attempted to build parking garages within 2 miles of stadium... denied. yes already zoned industrial business area.

Okay.. that out of my system.. CENTERPORT STATION IS approximately 6+ mile walk from the "stadium/ballpark area". You must traverse a state highway (360) and there are few sidewalks. Parking: new cowboys stadium sits almost in the midst of a "neighborhood" you feel. Well it use to be that before eminent domain claimed greater good.

SUGGESTION: BOOK EARLY. into the convention center hotel (I-30 and ballpark way) you'd only walk 1/2 mile. FLY in. shuttle to your hotel. enjoy the game.

Even though my tax $$ paid for some of that bling. I can't afford to dwell and go. Not bitter. I DIG the boys. Don't like the tinge/tone that the "pay me" has takin for fans. Local families can no longer make the GAME the heritage to pass to the kids. I hope someone can because blackout goes into effect and not even on TV.

LET THEM EAT CAKE.. marie antoinette.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:42 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
but that cake was French cooking
more tasty than what Jerry has cooked up
although people seem enthralled by the excess
article in todays FTW paper about the ART Jerry and his wife are putting in the stadium that will appeal to those visitors who are better than your stereotypical football fan...or at least that is what it sounded like
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas