Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2009, 11:12 AM

49 posts, read 182,976 times

Advertisements

Hi-
We got conflicting info from two pest control companies regarding the in- ground sentricon termite system. I signed a service agreement with a termite company when we bought our house for already pre-existing system and then talked with another pest control company that said that the sentricon system is a scam and only attracts termites to your house.

When I called back the company that we have contract with to cancel, the guy was a bit of an @#$ and told me that they would have to come out and remove the systems from our yard (even though the people we bought the house from paid 2,000 to get them put in). I feel that we are in a bind, because I dont want our yard torn up, yet it sucks to pay for something that is useless. Does anyone have any input about this? Thanks alot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 02:36 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,574,293 times
I could not find any info on Consumer reports, my fav for checking things out, so I googled. www.termite.com is a web site w/a lot of good info, and specifically discusses the system you inquired about.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:14 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,474,655 times
if the company damages your lawn, they have committed a breach of the law--they are responsible for repairing damages...
I would video what ever they do
technically I don't know that they DO have the right to take out that system
if you had a security system installed in home and then sold the home, the new owners don't have the security company tear out the wiring if you con't continue the contract...
the cable people don't tear out the wiring if you don't continue with Comcast or Time Warner...
that sounds bogus to me
you should call the city attorney and see if someone can tell you legally if you are required to let them on your property...

Old 08-14-2009, 12:59 AM

165 posts, read 551,131 times
I have been in the Pest Control business for 6 years. The way this system works is when it is installed pieces of wood with termite attractant is placed in the bait stations. Once there is termite activity in these stations, the wood is replaced with termiticide. The termites eat this poison and take it back to there nest and kills them all. So when this application is done properly it is a very effective way to get rid of termites. Another option is to inject termiticide into the house foundation. The Sentricon System is normally reserved for homes that already have a termite problem. Hope this helps.

Old 01-01-2019, 10:28 PM

1 posts, read 5,534 times
Sentricon System contains a product know as noviflumuron this product is not a attractant so no worrys about termites being attracted to your home it is a amazing more eco friendly way to kill termites if they find the product while foraging for new food services and stops them in there tracks before finding your home. Noviflumuron hardens the exoskeleton of the termite stopping it from being able to shed it exoskeleton essentially causing the termite to crush to death in its own body. Then the product is easily past onto the rest of the colony of termites by what is known as secondary poisoning because they eat there dead.this product is the best preventative termite system that i have ever seen or used and exceeds anything else on the market today and like i said its much cheaper and safe than any liquid product that would be injected into the soil around your home.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 01-02-2019 at 11:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas