Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2009, 06:19 AM

10 posts, read 16,137 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My husband and I are relocating in 1 Month. Jobs are available in both places. We are a couple in our early 30's, no kids yet. We looked at cedar hill bc it is close to job in Grand Prairie. We like to go out for dinner, bike etc. Which area would you recommend? Any help is greatly appreciated. We need to decide this week!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 10:46 AM

1,637 posts, read 4,105,295 times
While its hard to compare Cedar Hill (population: 45,000) with San Antonio (1.3 million), I'll take a shot. I don't live that far from Cedar Hill and it is a nice city. The area is known locally for its scenic hilly terrain, which is similar to the "Hill Country" region of central Texas. There are plenty of restaurants for dining with new establishments opening on a regular basis in Cedar Hill and other nearby communities such as Arlington and Grand Prairie. As for recreation, it sits on the eastern shore of Joe Pool Lake and there are parks in the area with hike/bike trails. If you desire a smaller (but fast-growing) community within a much larger metropolitan area that is relatively close to attractions and entertainment, I'd go with Cedar Hill.

Hope this helps!

Old 08-16-2009, 11:34 AM

10 posts, read 16,137 times
Thanks...what we are planning on is renting for a couple of years and maybe buying a home in a couple of years. We were thinking of Cedar Hill bc it seemed close to our jobs in Grand Prairie. Would you recommend that we look at any other areas around GP? Thanks!

Old 08-16-2009, 11:51 AM

1,637 posts, read 4,105,295 times
In addition to Grand Prairie and Cedar Hill, places such as DeSoto, Mansfield, Arlington, and Duncanville might be worth checking out as well. They really aren't that far from Grand Prairie, so your commute wouldn't be too long.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:40 PM

6,820 posts, read 14,032,189 times
If you decide to move to Dallas for the Grand Prairie job I would suggest you rent in Grand Prairie. There are some very nice homes near the lake. Without knowing your budget it would be hard to give specifics but that is were I would settle if I worked in southern Grand Prairie. If I worked in northern Grand Prairie I would add Hurst/Euless/Bedford to the list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas