Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 08:51 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznkobee View Post
No way. Every city in Cali has more Chinese than plano
He's talking about concentration of cities over 250,000. In that way, he is correct. Plano is 6th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2014, 09:02 AM

3,820 posts, read 8,745,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I don't believe that, unless all the Indians in Richardson are clustered in a single part of town. The only ones I see are business owners (who go home to Plano or Irving when they close the restaurant/store) and college students.
I think there's a lot of assumptions being tossed around on this renewed thread. But I will say there is a high percentage in Richardson, over in the east Richardson area. I see them in my business everyday. Appears that many work at Fujitsu, Cisco and Rockwell Collins and live in the neighborhoods nearby. We don't exactly cater to them, but they seem to appreciate the dietary friendliness of our menu.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:08 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
Quote:
I don't believe that, unless all the Indians in Richardson are clustered in a single part of town. The only ones I see are business owners (who go home to Plano or Irving when they close the restaurant/store) and college students.
You're correct. The number of Indians in Plano and Irving far outnumber those in the others (even Richardson).

Old 08-17-2014, 09:11 AM

1,315 posts, read 2,680,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdallas View Post
Check out all four cities, Plano, Allen, Frisco, and McKinney. The housing prices are all pretty similar, but the tax rates are far different. Plano I believe has a lower tax rate than the others, which may affect how much you pay for you home over the course of the year. Unless you are dead set on Plano though, you might also Check out Lucas, and Wylie. They are smaller, but really not that far at all. Lucas is now starting its school system up, HS I think, so taxes there will likely increase in coming years. You really can't go wrong in any of the towns though. Also, just south of 190 along custer road in Richardson there is a nicer very well established neighborhood called Canyon creek, there are some really nice older homes which border the golf course. Good Luck.
I agree....Plano,Allen,Mc Kinney and Frisco are wonderful areas.They are all very similar....housing stock,zoning,amenities,lot sizes.I personally think it is hard to go wrong with purchasing in any of these areas right now....

I would group Fairview,Prosper,Lucas and Parker together.Like the areas mentioned above (Plano,Allen,Mc Kinney and Frisco) these 4 are very similar....housing stock,zoning,amenities,lot sizes.

I will say that Plano,Allen,Mc Kinney and Frisco have more communities with amenities like pools.The other 4 areas are large lot towns and tend to not offer communities with amenities as much.For example,our Prosper subdivision is almost built out and the smallest lot is a little over a quarter acre.I would say about 40 percent of the people in our community have pools.In Prosper,that is not unusual in most subdivisions partly due to lot size .In Frisco I think it would be unusual.The majority of homeowners we have met from Frisco do not have their own pools.

Old 08-17-2014, 11:00 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
I think there's a lot of assumptions being tossed around on this renewed thread. But I will say there is a high percentage in Richardson, over in the east Richardson area. I see them in my business everyday. Appears that many work at Fujitsu, Cisco and Rockwell Collins and live in the neighborhoods nearby. We don't exactly cater to them, but they seem to appreciate the dietary friendliness of our menu.
That must be where they are, because they definitely don't congregate in older parts of Richardson.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:00 PM

718 posts, read 1,389,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznkobee View Post
No way. Every city in Cali has more Chinese than plano

Why 30,000 Chinese People Call Plano Home - D Magazine
I was surprised until that article.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:34 AM

36 posts, read 67,361 times
Plano is bigger so numbers are higher here but percentage wise, Asian population is very similar in Richardson, Coppell, Murphy, Allen, Frisco and Castle Hills.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:38 AM

36 posts, read 67,361 times
Quote:
That must be where they are, because they definitely don't congregate in older parts of Richardson.
There is a sizeable community of South East Asians and Arabs in older parts of Richardson around the mosque on Abrams. NE Richardson has significant numbers of Asians/Indians/Arabs as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas