Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 08:31 PM

709 posts, read 3,473,816 times

Advertisements

I want to start by saying my words are not for the majority of the posters on this thread. I happen to agree with a lot of the individuals on this thread. I wasn't going to respond to maslamomma's last comment but as I sat here I couldn't help but respond as I resent the high and mighty comment that was made.

I think that you are causing the debate masalamomma. Houston has one of the lowest ranks as far as schools in Texas by the way. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I think your question was answered by many well meaning individuals such as myself. Reality is, you will find differences no matter where you go in the country and world for that matter. There will always be pros and cons. You obvioulsy have some strong feelings and prejudices against certain classes. (Before you come back with a reply... I'm highy educated and happen to live in a very nice neighborhood... nothing over the top but well respected... I also teach in a very nice neighborhood with beautiful homes but lots of apartments) How sad for you and your family in my opinion. I hope you find what you are looking for but also keep your children's best interest in the forefront. I'm glad for one that I am raising my child to respect the differences in others. I believe that he will be a much happier individual in the long run and for that matter successful. I will always check out the schools and the community I live in to make sure it is what I want for my child and family. I hope that my son will always have the opportunity to go to a school in a district that will value and honor education and character of children no matter what their race, social status, economic status is.

Last edited by sonshinelife; 05-01-2007 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: needing to add more
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 08:51 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,681,724 times
Well said sonshinelife. Especially this:

"I'm glad for one that I am raising my child to respect the differences in others. I believe that he will be a much happier individual in the long run and for that matter successful"

Old 05-01-2007, 10:09 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,432,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
Sockets...you better check the sex offenders list again. I thought of you the other night when they had a news story on Mckinney and something like 55 sexual predators lived near bus stops in Mckinney. I checked another list that came up with 76 results. Check it out and check out the addresses...see where they are.

I found 2 in my neighborhood in the HEB area and I drove buy the houses. You would never guess from the homes that something like this was going on.

great post above by the way sockets...it's nice to know you think that way.
I didn't say none were in Mckinney Shannon. Few (4 over 6,000 acres of dev, one is a flasher) are in my part of Mckinney, which is a large area. In the newer area where I am above Virgina, there are none.

Also, McKinney is mammouth in size and some portions out east have been around since the 1800s. I'm closer to Plano/Frisco than I am those areas.

If you checkout this map:

http://www.familywatchdog.us

There's an alrming number of them up and down the east side of 75. Actually, there is an alarming number all together. Just scroll around that map. Somewhat disturbing.

But nonetheless, I appreciate your concern.

Last edited by socketz; 05-01-2007 at 10:34 PM..

Old 05-02-2007, 08:13 PM

I'd like to formally apologize to masalamomma. I expressed my feelings last night and probably should have kept my thoughts to myself. As I see my post was deleted. A first for me but a lesson learned.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:40 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,333,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonshinelife View Post
I'd like to formally apologize to masalamomma. I expressed my feelings last night and probably should have kept my thoughts to myself. As I see my post was deleted. A first for me but a lesson learned.

Sonshinelife, your post wasn't deleted.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:02 AM

interesting... I must of been really tired last night or my computer was messing with me... oh, well. Thanks for sharing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas