Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2009, 09:08 AM
dgz dgz started this thread

806 posts, read 3,393,832 times

Advertisements

I'm moving from Plano to Murphy in a few weeks (yes, a very short move!) and I need a reasonably-priced moving company to help me load and move all my stuff. Any recommendations?

I checked BBB and found 3 highly-rated companies with no complaints, but no one responded back to the emails I sent. Then, I went to ripoffreport.com where I started writing down a very large list of companies not to hire. Any suggestions would be very welcome! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 09:57 AM

49 posts, read 184,048 times
check out emove.com i think the site is run by u-haul and tons of reviews of moving companies. we hired some guys off of there to help us move stuff from our pods.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:26 PM

28 posts, read 167,164 times
We used AB Movers last month. They did a pretty good job at a really good price. We thought that they had broken something after using them because we found glass next to where they parked the truck but we never found any broken belongings or anything missing, so maybe it was already there from some other incident.

It bugged me a little that none of them spoke English very well - could make communication tough if you don't speak Spanish and I was also a little annoyed they didn't bring a bigger truck. But in their defense, they said what size truck they were bringing and probably would have changed it at our request - I just didn't know enough to know what size we needed.

Those are the negative points, but overall I was pleased with the move and would probably used them again given the cost. While they weren't the most awesome movers ever, they did a decent job given the price. So if you're looking for value, I would check them out. They had no complaints registered with the BBB at the time we moved, but they hadn't been members very long at that point. Hope that helps some!

Oh, and I would stay away from All My Sons. They talked a good game on the phone, but have a really terrible complaint history. JMO

Old 09-02-2009, 03:04 PM
dgz dgz started this thread

806 posts, read 3,393,832 times
Thanks. All My Sons was mentioned quite a few times at ripoffreport.com too. Has anyone used All You Can Move or Easy Moving? I haven't heard anything about them negative or positive, but they were one of the few companies that was very responsive to my email.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: