Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 01:19 AM

63 posts, read 266,727 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I live in Garland, I'm not familiar with the Dallas area at all yet...
I have some family visiting from Germany and I would like to take them to a western bar/restaurant of some sort, so I was hoping y'all could make a recommendation...
I would like my guest to experience some kind of western atmosphere, but nothing overly done. Any ideas?
I am not at all comfortable driving in downtown Dallas yet, traffic there freaks me out, so don't bother recommending any place downtown

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 02:02 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,846,374 times
I like Saltgrass Steak House myself.

Here is the closest one to you.

North Dallas
13561 Central Expressway
Off of Central Expressway,
between 635 and Spring Valley
469/330-0152

Old 09-08-2009, 05:37 AM

339 posts, read 1,430,947 times
Not really my cup of tea, but know lots of people here in the NE 'burbs who enjoy WW Fairfields for some two-steppin' and a cold one. http://www.wwfairfields.com/

I'd also say no trip to the area is complete without a great big ole chicken fried steak. Our family enjoys Babe's Chicken Dinner in N Garland and Love and War in TX in Plano. Both are pretty good joints.

http://www.babeschicken.com/
http://www.loveandwarintexas.com/

Old 09-08-2009, 11:13 AM

1,533 posts, read 7,210,769 times
There is The Ranch House is Sachse.

Ranch House Sachse, TX - Bar & Karaoke in Sachse, Wylie, Murphy, Plano

Old 09-08-2009, 11:58 AM

Thanks guys, I appreciate the response. I drive by the Love & War place pretty much every day, didn't think of that one at all!
Keep 'em coming if you know of other places. Thanks!

Old 09-10-2009, 09:53 AM

3,808 posts, read 8,692,630 times
Love and War is sponsoring Murphy's upcoming Murphy Maize Days and bringing Gary P Nunn in as a headliner for the concert. I drove past them for years and now kick myself for never stopping before.

Old 09-10-2009, 12:56 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,671,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
Love and War is sponsoring Murphy's upcoming Murphy Maize Days and bringing Gary P Nunn in as a headliner for the concert. I drove past them for years and now kick myself for never stopping before.
WHEN!?!?!??????? I love Gary P Nunn.
Where????
What is the scoop?????

Old 09-10-2009, 12:57 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,671,273 times
Love & War has awesome fried pickles

Old 09-10-2009, 11:57 PM

3,808 posts, read 8,692,630 times
www.murphymaizedays.com

September 26th at 6:30. Murphy City Hall Complex right by the pond.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:11 AM

I actually got over myself somehow and the other day I drove to downtown Dallas, yaaaay! Terrifying experience, by the way
Deep Ellum was the area I ended up in, was not intentional, got a little lost...
Went to Hoffbrau Stakehouse, cutesy little western place, food was OK, the staff was amazing, they were so friendly and funny, and there is a rather large terrace there where you can do some people watching. I could have sat there for hours
Dallas sure's got some characters out there
A woman comes up to us as we're sitting on the terrace of the restaurant, she asks if we have found the ticket from the previous guests, we tell her another girl has already taken it as she sat us down at our table.
So this new girl goes ok, what would you like to drink? I look at her and she is dressed really funny, I guess PC term would be ecclectic, appeared a little weird to me but I thought to myself, this is Texas, I should not be surprised by anything, maybe it's part of their thing to dress funky like this. So she stands there for good 5 minutes taking our order, and I had no clue what was going on until two guys at the table accross from ours burst out laughing and said she does not work there, she is just some local crazy She did the same thing to them
Anyway, I felt the need to share that with y'all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas