Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 09:29 AM

229 posts, read 607,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDoe View Post
Man Christie and Turtle both make great arguments. If I'm dating someone far away then I'll make the trip to them. After work I probably want to just chill, watch TV or do some reading and not go out and party. I'm not going to drink at all if I'm going out and living 20 miles away. I guess it's a matter of two days of driving (living in Bedford) vs. four days of driving (living in Uptown).

On the other hand my income will allow me to rent at both places so maybe I'll rent at both lol.
That's what I do most nights after work, but the fact is you will always have the option to spontaneously walk outside your door and meet friends at a bar/pub if you wanted to on a weeknight. The option is worth the extra $$$. Trust me, I've been on both sides of the fence. If you live far away, you will be a bum because you won't want to make the trek into town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 06:35 AM

20 posts, read 43,547 times
Ok so the consensus is not to live in Bedford. All right I better get ready for the 45 minute commute each way from Uptown.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:05 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
post on the FTW forum
these people live in Dallas
Bedford as several bar type places if that is where you meet people
it is close to Grapevine, Southlake, and downtown Sundance SQ which have more "watering" holes
there are some nice places besides bars in this area to meet people
sports leagues with co-ed volleyball, softball--biking clubs, fitness facilities
frankly I think you would be so very foolish to make that drive every day twice a day--

Old 09-24-2009, 10:26 PM

All right here's the lo down on my job: working 17 9-hour shifts a month total with 3-5 overnight shifts and around 4 weekend shifts. After the overnight shifts I'll sleep at a local hotel instead of risking driving 20 miles on the road after all nighter. Assuming weekend traffic is a breeze I'm looking at 17 - 4 nights - 4 weekends = 9 days a month I'm commuting (via reverse commute) during the weekday. Uptown is looking better and better.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:40 AM

229 posts, read 607,020 times
Have you been to uptown? If you're close by, the uptown festival is tomorrow.

All About Uptown Festival: A Celebration of Art & Living | Uptown Festival | Dallas | pegasusnews.com

Either way, you should come check out uptown on a Saturday and see what you like. You'd really have fun.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codytravers View Post
Have you been to uptown? If you're close by, the uptown festival is tomorrow.

All About Uptown Festival: A Celebration of Art & Living | Uptown Festival | Dallas | pegasusnews.com

Either way, you should come check out uptown on a Saturday and see what you like. You'd really have fun.
I'd love to come except I am still out of state right now. Thanks for the link seems like a nice website for stuff happening in DFW.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:51 AM

3 posts, read 2,057 times
You'd be crazy to make that drive every day IMO. Besides, uptown is very costly.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessonincontrast View Post
You'd be crazy to make that drive every day IMO. Besides, uptown is very costly.
I'll be driving 4x a week so a little bit less pain. Yeah uptown is costly but my job makes decent money. All a matter of having a life for a young professional vs the suburbs.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:09 PM

Just to update I went down to Dallas two weeks ago and decided to rent one of the Post properties in Uptown. I did hedge the bet a little by signing a 7 month lease so I'll be able to move earlier if the commute gets too much. Thanks everyone for their contribution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas