Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 07:26 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,790 times

Advertisements

Just looked at the map where your new apartment is -- great location! You will surely enjoy living there - welcome to Dallas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 04:18 AM

5 posts, read 16,206 times
Default RE:Is Oak Lawn a safe neighborhood?

Don't forget the Oak lawn neighborhood is one of the best in country because they are ready to help any time and their nature is very genuine.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:41 PM

67 posts, read 294,865 times
Hi all... I started moving into my new apartment today and got out and did some walking around the neighborhood. We had lunch at the AllGood Cafe. Very good! LOVED the Rock-a-mole!!!! I love the atomsphere of the place. It is very laid back. Anyone ever bought cheese from the cheese place in Deep Ellum? It was closed today, but am going to go back. I really love the area but am sad for all of the great buildings that are empty. I look forward to trying all of the other restaurants in the area! Thanks Pepper for your links and suggestions. I saw most of the places today while we were walking around. Wish I could eat more!

Old 11-08-2009, 07:41 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,482,354 times
The cheese shop is great. Paula is a friend of our's and she's been there forever. She planted the tree out front when she started out around 15-20 years. All types of mozzarella - I like the smoked. Goat cheese.
Check out her site so you can see what they have - it's a small shop; most of the space is for cheese production. You'll see it all going on when you get there.

Mozzarella Company

A lot of people like Cowboy Chow (I haven't been yet).

Another coffee shop that attracts locals near other lofts on Main farther east from All Good is Murray St. They tend to have funny hours.
If you walk farther down Main - going east, you see a more residential side to the area. Where Main kinda ends, you'll see the Double Wide bar (they have good music).
Also Son's of Herman Hal (on Elm at Expositionl has music (plus they have a Christmas bazaar that should be coming up soon).

Old 11-08-2009, 09:27 AM

583 posts, read 2,634,126 times
mmmmmmm....thanks for the link pepper! I think I see a day of downtown fun in my future!

Old 11-08-2009, 07:35 PM

6,820 posts, read 14,034,515 times
I just went to visit a friend at Baylor and pleasantly surprised at the renovations going on in the area. I could certainly see why a person would enjoy living in that area. There is plenty to do in the area and I also find most homeless people are harmless.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:10 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
A couple of developers with big plans bought up a lot of property and that may explain some of the vacancies..stop in and visit my friend Joe at Century Modern - I've know him since kindergarten and we went all the way through school together.

Love the Mozzeralla Company, I went in there and bought $85 worth of stuff a few weekends ago -- but be sure to get there before 3 pm (on Sat.)... I then went to Farmer's Market to Lemley's Tomatoes and assembled an awesome Caprese for a party.

Other culinary stops nearby: Rudolph's Meat Market (probably the oldest business in Dallas -ask for Justine she might be there), Taco Joint on Peak - see Corey, Civello's Pasta on Peak, Chapman's Chili on Carroll, Jimmy's Food Store (Italian) on Bryan at Fitzhugh, La Popular Tamales on Columbia - see Jesse, Newflower Market, Fiesta and Whole Foods.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:17 PM

67 posts, read 294,865 times
What is Century Modern? I went into a couple of furniture stores, but I don't remember the name of them. I also saw a hair salon.... I think it was Orange. Anyway, thanks for all of the good tips about where to shop and eat. Can't wait to visit the cheese place and the meat market!

Old 11-09-2009, 08:06 PM

2,973 posts, read 9,482,354 times
Century Modern is the furniture store next to Orange.

And fyi....I think Corey at Taco Joint is one of Dallas' most eligible bachelors due to his super sweet demeanor....just sayin'.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:19 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Corey's a good businessman or is it super sweet that he always remembers your name and asks you something about your life? I heard they are going to open another Taco Joint but I can't remember details..anyhow that is the place to go for breakfast/lunch on Saturday..sorry Gold Rush Cafe, I am now a traitor...

Also at Jimmy's I forget to tell you to ask for Paul. He and his wife (Annettee) went to my high school, but I know her better! BTW Pepper, Annettee grew up in Junius Heights on Skillman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas