Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-29-2009, 03:12 AM
 
871 posts, read 2,676,796 times
Reputation: 503

Advertisements

So my wife and I have a contract on a house in Wylie. We are excited because in our opinion it's stupid cheap ($210k) for a huge house (3600 sq. ft) built in 2005. Here even in the East Bay Area you can't even buy vacant land for $210k. $210k gets you NOTHING on the Peninsula, and even less in San Francisco itself.

My wife and I are huge hockey fans, especially San Jose Sharks fans. Our hated rival is none other than the Dallas Stars.

We're just wondering how Stars fans (and Dallas sports fans in general) are towards opposing teams fans. I mean, do we have to fear for our safety going to the game or at the game, or will most there simply have fun partaking in mild humorous trash talk?

In terms of before the game, for weekday games with me working in Dallas, my wife will take DART light rail to Victory station and meet me there. For that I want to know if she'll be safe riding it to the game on a weekday afternoon/early evening decked out in Sharks gear (the way back I'll be driving so no issue).

Then after the game, if the Sharks win and we are respectful, I would hope our safety will not be an issue.

Finally how would any of this differ for Cowboys treatment of Niner fans the next time the Niners play a regular season game at Jerryville? Something tells me I might have more to worry about with the Cowboys crowd than the Stars crowd.

Thanks to anyone who has any insight. We look forward to becoming Texans soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-29-2009, 08:29 AM
 
Location: The Big D
14,862 posts, read 42,674,599 times
Reputation: 5787
Boooo. No! No shark fans allowed. If you even hint your not a Stars fan we double the price of your tickets. Heeheeheee

nah, just the normal polite trash talk. Most don't get ugly but sometimes there is bound to be a loser that does when you have that many people. Those are the rare exceptions. The rest of us will just cheer more and louder for our Stars . Now, if the opposing fan gets ugly (Detroilet fans do) then people around won't be super nice. But that is to be expected at any sporting event if that happens. Opposing fans here do NOT get the ugly treatment just for wearing that teams stuff like Stars fans do in other cities.

Also remember that the majority of the people in Dallas are not FROM here. So at games there are usually plenty of fans for the other team. Detroilte used to have the strongest support (and the RUDES fans) but that dropped last year. Also a fair number of NJ fans. Even the Canadian teams have fans at the games. What is funny about some of the other cities fans is they might be season tix holders and root for the Stars then when their hometown team comes in they are decked out for them.

As long as you don't cuss and get ugly most around you might not even say two words to you.

GO STARS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2009, 08:59 AM
 
Location: Purgatory (A.K.A. Dallas, Texas)
5,007 posts, read 15,349,894 times
Reputation: 2463
It's not Philly.

But we will mock you relentlessly.

Seriously, how can you support the Guppies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2009, 09:03 AM
 
Location: The Big D
14,862 posts, read 42,674,599 times
Reputation: 5787
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
It's not Philly.

But we will mock you relentlessly.

Seriously, how can you support the Guppies?
At least he is not another Pink Wings fan fro Detroilet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2009, 12:41 PM
 
871 posts, read 2,676,796 times
Reputation: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Boooo. No! No shark fans allowed. If you even hint your not a Stars fan we double the price of your tickets. Heeheeheee

nah, just the normal polite trash talk. Most don't get ugly but sometimes there is bound to be a loser that does when you have that many people. Those are the rare exceptions. The rest of us will just cheer more and louder for our Stars . Now, if the opposing fan gets ugly (Detroilet fans do) then people around won't be super nice. But that is to be expected at any sporting event if that happens. Opposing fans here do NOT get the ugly treatment just for wearing that teams stuff like Stars fans do in other cities.

Also remember that the majority of the people in Dallas are not FROM here. So at games there are usually plenty of fans for the other team. Detroilte used to have the strongest support (and the RUDES fans) but that dropped last year. Also a fair number of NJ fans. Even the Canadian teams have fans at the games. What is funny about some of the other cities fans is they might be season tix holders and root for the Stars then when their hometown team comes in they are decked out for them.

As long as you don't cuss and get ugly most around you might not even say two words to you.

GO STARS!
It sounds like San Jose as the Bay Area also have lots of transplants. In SJ we also have those Canadian transplants who cheer for the Sharks except when their team comes to town.

For me I'll never cheer for the Stars, never ever in a million years. Guppies? Think I'll just tape my mouth on that. he he

But from the outside on a previous visit, your arena is gorgeous so I look forward to seeing many games there, and love Dart rail accessibility. Sounds like it will be okay for my wife to ride from Parker Rd Station to Victory Station alone for the game decked out in Sharks gear.

So what about wearing a Niner jersey to Cowboys Stadium for a regular season (or playoff) game against the Cowboys? How is that different? Thanks!

(Go Sharks!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2009, 01:07 PM
 
Location: Purgatory (A.K.A. Dallas, Texas)
5,007 posts, read 15,349,894 times
Reputation: 2463
GO SHARKS!!!

Right until the playoffs, per usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2009, 01:13 PM
 
16,087 posts, read 41,000,832 times
Reputation: 6374
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post
So what about wearing a Niner jersey to Cowboys Stadium for a regular season (or playoff) game against the Cowboys? How is that different? Thanks!

(Go Sharks!)
I wouldn't wear one with "RICE" on it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2009, 02:17 PM
 
Location: The Big D
14,862 posts, read 42,674,599 times
Reputation: 5787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I wouldn't wear one with "RICE" on it...




Yep, the wife will be fine riding DART down to the games. As long as she is alone and not escorted by ANOTHER piece of bait she will be good to go. Who knows, she might see some nice handsome STARS fan on those trains and get hooked up and swap teams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2009, 03:44 PM
 
Location: Greater PDX
1,018 posts, read 4,094,542 times
Reputation: 954
If you show up for the first drop of the puck, nobody will bother you because nobody shows up to Stars games on time unless it's the playoffs. Fashionably late season tix crowd. I don't think Stars fans have as much hatred toward the Sharks as the other way around.

Now, the Niners jersey, on the other hand, is just asking for you to get heckled.

But like someone said above, this ain't Philly. You'll get trashed-talked, more than likely, but you won't get hurt. D/FW has class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2009, 04:00 PM
 
27 posts, read 79,980 times
Reputation: 21
Wear you Niner jersey with pride. You will not have a problem at a Cowboys game. Many bandwaggoners down here. Visiting teams with strong fan bases always have good representation when playing in D (Steelers, Packers, etc.).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top