Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2009, 12:03 PM

5 posts, read 19,560 times

Advertisements

We are looking at the Arbor Manors sub division in Coppell. The board in front of the sub-division says that the homes start in the high 400's. However, their homes are in the mid to upper 500's (except for a few 1 story and 3 bed/2 bath floor plans). Their web site shows few spec homes all of which are in the high 500's . Can any one please share their experience negotiating on DW homes and what is a reasonable price per square foot in this area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 02:25 PM

212 posts, read 1,153,945 times
I think usually the prices on the sign are the teaser prices to get you into the sales office. It's the price range of the cheapest model they offer, bare bones, no upgrades. I would expect a typical home in a "priced from high 400's" community to be at least in the mid to upper 500's, once all the upgrades and design center selections have been picked.

Your best bet when it comes to negotiating is to go with a realtor, but you may be dissapointed if you expect to negotiate all the way down to the price on the sign.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:46 PM

424 posts, read 1,816,971 times
I wanted to comment about the homes that "start" at 400K. You mentioned some of those are 3bdr/2ba.

If you buy please think about the resale issues:

I would NEVER pay over 400K for only a 3 bdr and 2 ba. I can get lots of houses like that in Coppell for much less money and probably just as nice. When you start to pay that much, one expects a 3 car garage and at least 4bdr and 3 ba...minimum.

Just my opinion. Please be careful. My instinct would be to look elsewhere, though I live by there and they are very nice. .

Old 10-31-2009, 08:56 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catluvr View Post
I wanted to comment about the homes that "start" at 400K. You mentioned some of those are 3bdr/2ba.

If you buy please think about the resale issues:

I would NEVER pay over 400K for only a 3 bdr and 2 ba. I can get lots of houses like that in Coppell for much less money and probably just as nice. When you start to pay that much, one expects a 3 car garage and at least 4bdr and 3 ba...minimum.

Just my opinion. Please be careful. My instinct would be to look elsewhere, though I live by there and they are very nice. .
Remember new homes always are priced higher than used ones. Just because there are 3/2 for less does not mean the DW homes are not worth the price.

To the OP, you can always try nogatiating, but usually what you will get is some upgrades thrown in.

Nita

Old 10-31-2009, 09:14 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,254,649 times
The price on the sign holds true but for a short time. It is intended for pre-construction prices only. Then they have a price increase. In fact, they just had a 2K price increase again this week in that community. They haven't closed on any home yet so there is no data to show how much they will come down. However, as a trend David Weekley will negotiate on the price between 3-5%. Some of the incentives are tied to using their lender which is very competitive BTW.

All the homes have a 3 car garage in this community too. I too second the suggestion that you use a buyer's agent. It doesn't cost you anything.

Naima
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: