Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 01:39 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,008,861 times

Advertisements

Keep in mind I have a downtown commute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 03:24 PM

3,037 posts, read 8,322,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Keep in mind I have a downtown commute.
As you can see from this map of Siberia, Mongolia is just South/Southeast of it The big map of Siberia (http://www.sbras.nsc.ru/consult/map_sib2.htm - broken link). I think that the distance factor between the two really won't matter much. That would be one killer daily commute into downtown Dallas!!

Old 12-15-2009, 03:40 PM

I know Siberia nor O. Mongolia collects for DART but do you think I can ride it anyway?

Old 12-15-2009, 03:55 PM

43 posts, read 169,128 times
The elementary schools in Siberia are excellent (although 5 years from now the population majority teenagers will likely takeover and destroy the place). Oh well, as long as those teenagers continue to pass the TAKS and get a bunch of AP credits we can continue to tolerate their drug use, vandalism, and car crashes.

The school population is still a bit rural-ish but you can get more cubic footage in Outer Mongolia. My friend has a 3 story house there with a 5 story entryway. Repelling from the entryway ceiling is something you just can't do inside the loop.

And getting downtown from either place would be a cinch. Their website says they are just minutes from downtown !

Old 12-15-2009, 04:15 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,685,377 times
Traffic according to the news reports in the mornings from either is not a problem at all. The new toll roads are really nice and can get your straight down to the new expanded DART rail line. The newest station is the one in Siberia which is called, "Siberia: The New BFE" and it is a straight shot out the gates of the main entrance of the really nice big planned community there and down the toll road.

Shopping The grand opening for all of the stores was outstanding. Unlike anything I've ever seen. It really did not take me long at all to get from my home in an older outer ring burb to the new shopping. All of the stores opened on the same day just before the new model homes opened the next day in the planned communities there. Only thing is because of this huge 1 day grand opening for the stores all of the building materials look exactly alike. Same for the model homes and inventory homes available. Every store looks alike and every house has the same 3 brick choices. That shouldn't matter though. Everyone is super nice. Every store you could ever need is there.

Housing. Like IMATXNATIVE said, you can get a LOT of house for your money. These master planned communities are awesome and HUGE. They have everything you could ever want in a house. I saw one house w/ an indoor pool and waterpark. Seriously. The slide was a good 3 stories high and all kinds of stuff. One had a huge rock climbing wall in the 2nd story game room that went up to the kids rooms on the 3rd floor. Tell me where anywhere inside the loop you can find this stuff in a house. Especially for the money. Don't worry about every house having the same brick as that is what makes it so great. No one is "left out" or has to feel "different".

Schools, yep, gotta agree with IMATXNATIVE again on the schools. I heard the schools in both districts offer more AP courses than any other schools around. Probably more than any school in the country. All of the kids are smart and they should win state in football as well. They only have 1 high school in each district so that the pool for sports is much larger so they can keep on top and reign in every sport and competition their is. They can easily spank any school inside the loop or older burb in debate team. I heard they were opening up a new school that is a joint effort for both districts that is for those in drug rehab. From what I heard this school is also going to be tops and should get an exemplary rating as well (all they have to do is protest anything lower and they automatically get it ).

Old 12-15-2009, 04:52 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,417,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMATXNATIVE View Post
The elementary schools in Siberia are excellent (although 5 years from now the population majority teenagers will likely takeover and destroy the place). Oh well, as long as those teenagers continue to pass the TAKS and get a bunch of AP credits we can continue to tolerate their drug use, vandalism, and car crashes.

The school population is still a bit rural-ish but you can get more cubic footage in Outer Mongolia. My friend has a 3 story house there with a 5 story entryway. Repelling from the entryway ceiling is something you just can't do inside the loop.

And getting downtown from either place would be a cinch. Their website says they are just minutes from downtown !
Too funny!!!

Old 12-15-2009, 05:16 PM

I think I saw a floor plan for the home with the indoor pool and water park. I believe it is the Savannah model. Unfortunately I think they use Chinese drywall and Mexican brick. Is it really 'in' to use Chinese products in O. Mongolia and Siberia?

Old 12-15-2009, 05:35 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,685,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I think I saw a floor plan for the home with the indoor pool and water park. I believe it is the Savannah model. Unfortunately I think they use Chinese drywall and Mexican brick. Is it really 'in' to use Chinese products in O. Mongolia and Siberia?
As long as you put the Coach wallpaper over the Chinese drywall or even the faux texture it won't matter. Both of those are "in" for that area. Yes, the Savannah is the one.

No school buses???? I read that neither district has your regular yellow school bus. All of the parents use the carpool line for drop/off and pick-up and they charter buses for football games and other times they need bus services. Wow. Those kids will never get to experience the fun of riding the big yellow school bus.

Old 12-15-2009, 05:37 PM

I would really prefer a suburb where they use those super-long Hummer limos.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:20 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,104,411 times
I would recommend Outer Outer Mongolia- it's just a teensy bit further north than Outer Mongolia, but it's totally worth it. My realtor tells me it's the "next" Siberia and the builder whose community we looked at said they're really selling like hotcakes! He expects to close the whole community out by 2017, so just imagine the potential ROI!!

As for the commute to downtown Dallas, you'd take Tollroad 1 to Tollroad 3 to the Dallas North Tollroad. You're able to drive 90 on the first tollroad, but once you hit the DNT, you'll average 20 mph into downtown Dallas. It should never take more than 3 hours (I've done it in 1 hour 15 min before). As for the $17/ day in tolls, it's not so bad because the houses are so much more for your money!

We are seriously considering putting in an offer on a new construction Neo-French-Tuscan model that has 7 bedrooms and 5,000sf. There's even laminate wood floors in the kitchen, along with gorgeous white appliances and grantite block counters. Real granite! It's only $125,000- can you believe what a deal it is? I am so going to sell this for like $500,000 in a few years. Then we may move "closer in" to Starwood once my husband gets promoted to Sr Widget Programmer Manager III.

I am just wondering though- will we fit in? We only drive a Ford Explorer and a Toyota Camry. The Camry has leather though!! Are people there racist? We're white, but when my husband gets tan he can look "ethnic".

I'm sure the schools are good, too, right? As long as it's not DISD. Yeech!! I have heard bad, bad things.

So come totally check out Outer Outer Mongolia! We can eat lunch at the Cheesecake Factory after you look around- assuming that under construction strip mall near the community entrance is still under construction....Why does it take three years to finish these master planned places? You don't think Outer Outer Mongolia is really the next Craig Ranch, do you? Gasp!!...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas