Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2009, 02:42 PM

56 posts, read 141,613 times

Advertisements

If anyone has experience with any of these good or bad please let me know ASAP. We're trying to decide by early next week.

Addison Circle
Post Legacy
Legacy Village
Northside at Legacy
Gramercy Park
Reserve at the Galleria
Village on the Green

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 07:34 PM

333 posts, read 1,018,616 times
did you check out apartmentratings.com ??

Old 12-19-2009, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoycMarr View Post
did you check out apartmentratings.com ??
Yeah, but they seem so skewed. As with any feedback system you're more likely to only get the negative remarks. It's human nature, especially in America, to want to vent frustration. It's pretty rare for someone to take the time and say something nice about anything and those that do on apartmentratings always seem like they're apartment staff. Come on am I really to accept that in 4 different properties there's a problem with tenants letting their dogs poop in the elevators? And that people are suprised to find out that you can hear your neighboors in an apartment building, are there apartments out there built out of 12" thick acoustical insulation?

Old 12-19-2009, 06:53 AM

I agree with you to a point. But when I read the ratings, I usually ignored the negative ones (those that rated the apartment 1 or 2 for example) because I figure these are possibly people who have been evicted, etc. and pay close attention to the other ratings. If you read closely, you can pick up on info that is helpful, and even the "4-5" ratings sometimes have little tidbits such as "everything is perfect but parking is a nightmare" that may be important to you.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:56 AM

I also meant to ask, did you go look at these places in person? I looked at so many when I was trying to decide that they literally all started looking the same. I based my final decision on:

1. sq footage available vs cost comparison
2. friendly, helpful office staff, 24 hour maintanence
3. move in special offered? I'm on a budget so this was a big incentive!

Old 12-19-2009, 08:47 AM

I have a roomate that's there already...yea a roomate at my age. (both of us have families we're moving later in the year) he's checking the places out, I was just trying to narrow some of them down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: