Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2009, 01:38 PM

428 posts, read 1,396,128 times

Advertisements

I have lived in Dallas for around 15 years. I could say practically my life revolves around Lemmon Avenue. I play down in Oak Lawn and Uptown, eat on its many restaurants, live around north Lemmon and work around Uptown.

Has anyone noticed the state of disrepair of this avenue? There are so many holes and tears. I cant believe this street is the gateway to Highland Park, Turtle Creek, Love Field Airport and that so many important restaurants and businesses.

Does anyone agree with me? How can I complaint to the city? Is there anything I can do to get my voice heard? Its an absolute shame for this city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 01:53 PM

8,603 posts, read 14,879,404 times
Maybe they could get Governor Perry to toll it. That'll solve everything, right?

Old 12-29-2009, 03:37 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,132,455 times
I have notices almost ALL roads in Dallas suck. It seems to me that someone tears them up and patches them back up, then the roads sink where they were worked on. Then I am sure the freezing and thawing cycle messes them up. Then the heavy traffic load. I wondered the same thing too when I first got here, but now I just assume those are the reasons and you have to remember it is a tough time economically now and there is a huge road network to maintain here. But if you do get through to the city tell them to fix Haskell Ave too!!!

Old 12-29-2009, 04:22 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,858,186 times
City streets in Dallas proper have LONG been a problem. The city does have a huge network of roads to maintain and chronically doesn't have enough money to do it.

Old 12-29-2009, 04:37 PM

190 posts, read 430,320 times
i feel like the streets in east dallas are perpetually under repair. seems like a good thing only you can't reap the benefits of improved roads if they are never actuallys improved only blocked off. wish i could help you...wish the city could too

Old 12-29-2009, 05:38 PM

424 posts, read 1,816,678 times
I think our road problem is only going to get worse now that highways like 114 have decided to use asphalt v. concrete! Asphalt does not take heat well. I came from a state where that is all they used was Asphalt and there were constant holes to patch and giant sinkholes. When it hit upper 90s you could see the road buckle if you were lucky!

Dallas tends to patch things up v. really fix the problems. Hey, with all that cheap labor what do you expect? Quality? Don't worry now we can mix cheap labor with Asphalt and get even worse results.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:00 PM

2,169 posts, read 5,169,901 times
It is odd, and it seems the streets that tourists/visitors are more likely to drive -- Lemmon, Henderson, Lower Greenville -- are the absolute worst of all. They're like war zones. Miami, for all of its civic problems, seemed to keep its roads in better condition. And other cities in the Metroplex -- Fort Worth, Plano -- don't appear to have as bad a problem.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:34 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,462,661 times
The streets here are terrible. And they are skinny too. When I moved here from Florida that was one of the first things I noticed. I lived downtown and though that the streets were super bumpy compared to Orlando. Plus the streets are really narrow. Especially Lemmon. My truck barely fits in one lane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas