U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2010, 05:30 PM

445 posts, read 1,654,095 times

Advertisements

Hi we are moving to Prosper at the end of the month...and will be looking for a cool church to attend. I had posted this before, but it was more geared towards Rockwall,now that we have decided on Prosper, i wanted to get some opinions...

We attend Rancho Community Church here in Temecula, we like it..they offer a saturday night service, and the 2 of the 3 services on Sunday are casual, great alternative Christian music and they have Sunday school for our kids 7, 5 1/2 & almost 3yols... We are in our late 30's..so we would like to find a place to learn more about God ( we are newer believers) and mix with people like us..and MEET people, as we will not have any family or friends there....

Thanks
Christina
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 09:56 PM

12,395 posts, read 23,772,174 times
Check out Chuck Swindoll's church in Frisco, Stonebriar Community Church. It is a big church (3,000 members and growing), but it is a solid Bible-teaching evangelical nondenominational church. I have visited before (it's far from where I live downtown), but my friends who go LOVE it. Lots of young families and young couples, though there are folks of all ages there.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:25 PM

31 posts, read 79,563 times
Check out Prestonwood's North Campus (1001 Prosper Trail). We love it and I bet you will too.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:31 PM

445 posts, read 1,654,095 times
I googled and Lighthouse came up? Any info on that one?

Old 01-04-2010, 01:39 PM

8,669 posts, read 20,849,650 times
Default Well, since you asked about Mckinney churches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravenClan View Post
I googled and Lighthouse came up? Any info on that one?
I think I have heard good things about Lighthouse before, but don't know anything about them personally.

I would like to also like to recommend my own non-denominational church, Community Life Church, which is located in Mckinney right off highway 75. It is a very good church for new believers and young families. Casual dress and very EXCELLENT contemporary worship. Service times are 9:30 and 11:15 Sunday. Childcare and Sunday School provided. I teach 4 and 5 year olds once a month there myself. Consider this your personal invitation!
The website is as follows:

Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, house prices, home value estimator, recent sales, cost of living, crime, race, income, photos, education, maps, weather, houses, schools, neighborhoods, and more

Last edited by kaykay; 01-04-2010 at 02:03 PM..

Old 01-04-2010, 04:04 PM

436 posts, read 1,490,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Check out Chuck Swindoll's church in Frisco, Stonebriar Community Church. It is a big church (3,000 members and growing), but it is a solid Bible-teaching evangelical nondenominational church. I have visited before (it's far from where I live downtown), but my friends who go LOVE it. Lots of young families and young couples, though there are folks of all ages there.
you will not find better teaching anywhere than at stonebriar. I would check it out, although it is more formal than what you are looking for. there are plenty of young families there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or