Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 02:28 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle77 View Post
TXNGAL, I just drove by 2 houses w/ their sprinklers running in my neighborhood and thought of you. The one house often runs theirs, even in the winter. Ridiculous.
The ones I saw yesterday on my street are the same ones who run them all winter, as well. They also run them during torrential rains. I don't get it. If you don't care about water usage and the environment, I would think you'd at least care about your water bill. This is a nice neighborhood, but I don't think most people around here are sitting on zillions and zillions of dollars! We do happy dances during the rare times that it rains in the summer because then we don't have to water. Winter is usually great, we just make sure the foundation is getting enough water and let nature take care of the rest.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:49 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
The ones I saw yesterday on my street are the same ones who run them all winter, as well. They also run them during torrential rains. I don't get it. If you don't care about water usage and the environment, I would think you'd at least care about your water bill. This is a nice neighborhood, but I don't think most people around here are sitting on zillions and zillions of dollars! We do happy dances during the rare times that it rains in the summer because then we don't have to water. Winter is usually great, we just make sure the foundation is getting enough water and let nature take care of the rest.
I don't get it either. It is ALWAYS the same handfull of houses that ALWAYS seem to water every single day be it pouring down buckets of rain days on end or freezing cold. I've cold the city on several before and they DO come out. Even in the summer I'll call if it is the same house watering every single day. That can actually kill your grass as the roots don't go down deep enough to protect themselves during a hard freeze. As I said, we had new sod put out and usually you are like crazy watering to keep it alive and get it going when you do that in the summer. Not this year, we didn't water it once as Mother Nature took care of it.

I did see the city stormwater management people in our neighborhood today and actually talked to them. I know that one what could be a leak from one property might be underground water (we have that around areas of Dallas and the metroplex). But they were keeping an eye on it as it can ice up and be a problem.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas