Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 12:52 PM

3 posts, read 10,595 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!!!

I really need help me and my hubby are thinking about moving to TX, prolly Dallas, and to make the final decision we need some info, any answers will be helpful and greatly appreciated.

My hubby is 23, graduates with science edu degree in december (high school chem teacher) thats the main reason we are thinking about TX - higher paid teaching jobs.
Im 23 year old female. russian. got my degree in PR back in homecountry. have very good experience working as interprter (english-russian) and executive assistant for vice president, who was English speaker. lol i dont spek with an accent. ive been in US only 10 months. currently work at UCO as administartive assisant. (we live in Edmond, OK, because thats where my husband goes to school)

what are the job opportunities for me and my husband? and what would be nice suburbs for us to conisder?
what colleges should i consider for my masters?

thankyou in advance for your help!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 05:01 PM

9 posts, read 28,634 times
im in the same situation im moving to texas from jersey .I also need some advise in what areas in dallas r nice

Old 05-23-2007, 05:04 PM

9 posts, read 28,634 times
we r thinking irving ,richardson or carrollton my husband wants to be close to dallas where there are jobs ..

Old 05-23-2007, 06:36 PM

257 posts, read 946,136 times
If you are planning to move to Texas before you get jobs, and rent for a year, then I would suggest picking somewhere right in the middle with good freeway access. Your best bet would be zip code 75240. You have access to the following freeways: 635, I-75, George Bush Toll (east-west), and Dallas Toll (north-south). Plus it is very central.

Here is a great site for seeing what zip codes meet your needs.

http://www.nctcog.org/ris/census/searchzip-m.asp

Old 05-23-2007, 07:21 PM

3 posts, read 10,595 times
thanx for replies everyone!!!!!

whats the crime rate in Dallas?

Old 05-23-2007, 07:26 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
DO NOT LIVE IN THE 75240 ZIPCODE!!!!!!!!! OMYGOSH! NO!!!!!!!!!!
Besides, that is not a true residential area at all. It is home to TWO shopping malls (the Galleria and Valley View) and many office buildings, a car dealership, lots of apartments (and some that are VERY low end that have a problem w/ crime) and then there is ONE small residential neighborhood, Northwood Hills.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:29 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,463,955 times
That's so funny, I never thought about Dallas in relation to zip codes. They cover too big of an area to be useful to me.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:36 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
That's so funny, I never thought about Dallas in relation to zip codes. They cover too big of an area to be useful to me.
I used to know them by heart when there were not as many. Sad. Some of them I'll never forget. But this one, 75240, LMAO!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA, I'm sorry that was just toooooo darn funny. Here are the boundries to that zipcode: On the south is LBJ, north is Spring Valley, east is 75-Central and west is Dallas North Tollway. Yep, GREAT place to live.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:38 PM

418 posts, read 1,784,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I used to know them by heart when there were not as many. Sad. Some of them I'll never forget. But this one, 75240, LMAO!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA, I'm sorry that was just toooooo darn funny. Here are the boundries to that zipcode: On the south is LBJ, north is Spring Valley, east is 75-Central and west is Dallas North Tollway. Yep, GREAT place to live.
I totally agree with you. There used to be some nice apartments in that area, but it seems they've gone WAY downhill over the past few years.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:44 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,239,812 times
The apartments over by Valley View are so run down. Another area to avoid is Northeast Dallas off Forest Lane. The area along Forest Lane Between Skillman and Hillcrest is pretty bad, particularly @ Forest and Audelia. Used to me a nice area in its day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas