Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2010, 05:22 PM

137 posts, read 372,149 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Texas end of June 2010. We are currently living in Seattle. (HATE IT) My husband is a texan and I am originally from AZ. What can I really expect as far as humidity??? Is it going to be unbearable? Does one climatize? Or is humidy just bad bad BAD!?? I feel the humidity in Seattle and without A/C in the summer= slightly miserable.

ALSO....bugs??? I hear there are ALOT of bugs in Texas??? What kind?? AZ has a lot of poisonous insects, but you rarely have a run in with one. Is that how it is in texas?

I have read alot of posts over the last year and to be honest~~ at times feel more confused than ever..... so many different views! YIKES! I know that's just life... but I really don't want to make a bad mistake. We are seeking happiness--- not misery.

Any help would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 05:49 PM

36 posts, read 81,628 times
First of all, humidity is not an issue I have found here. Yes, occasionally there will be a humid day but not anything like what I have experienced in other parts of US. It is more of a dry heat but not as dry as AZ. probably. It does get hot in the summer but being from AZ that should not bother you either. I guess the bugs depend on where you live. I am from up north and hate bugs but have not found it to be an issue where I live which is about 40 miles north of downtown Dallas. You do need a regular exterminator service and you need to make sure there are no openings in your home for anything to get in. Being out in the country like I am, the worst problem I have had is with Crickets and Wolf spiders which are not poisonous. Bugs are bigger here but only makes them easier to see! I do look before I put my hands or feet into a dark area just to be cautious and am very careful when gardening. I have not had any problem or been creeped out living here for the last 2 years and I am a real paranoid person too. I use glue traps around the house and garage just so I know if there is anything in my area but other than in the garage traps where the crickets and wolf spiders were, I have never found anything creepy. The only time I saw a snake is when they were breaking ground for new homes around us. I wouldn't live on or near water as that could increase your bug problem too. You won't be sorry for moving here. The traffic is really bad so be sure to live near where you work. Some people on here may say the humidity and bugs are bad. Like you said, everyone has an opinion. I am from NY state and the humidity is much worse there and I was bitten by a spider there but not an issue with either here. Don't worry! If still afraid, get a cat. They usually don't let anything move in the house!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas