Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 01:02 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,292,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas native View Post
Restaurant reviews can be a lot like movie reviews in that they are very subjective. The D mag review was pretty scathing. But, the DMN gave it a good review when it first opened last Fall. I have been there about 5 times now, as recently as last week and I completely disagree with the negative reviews. On one occassion the servers were very green, but that has not been an issue the last couple of times I've been there. The food that I've had at Smoke has always been excellent. I agree with you that Bolsa would be an excellent choice (btw, Smoke & Bolsa are owned by the same people).

I have eaten there and did not like it, and agreed with 98% of Nancy Nichols scathing review in D. The service is terrible (all courses coming out at once, hard to get a drink refilled) and that is what chaps me the most.

Jeffers & Zielke have a great thing going at Bolsa; I wish they would fine tune Smoke because the Belmont and the neighborhood deserve a great restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 03:56 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
I will not go to NOKIA Theater - that's the worst place in the world to put such a thing, IMO! I will wait until whoever it is I want to see goes to a decent location. I don't mind going to the horse track every year or two but you can arrive and leave when you wish...

Elvis Costello was recently there and I just can't imagine him playing in such an un-cool venue.

They ought to be playing here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bandto/4323927091/in/pool-dallasobserved (broken link)

by Bandito

Last edited by Lakewooder; 02-08-2010 at 04:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: