Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2010, 09:53 AM

6 posts, read 25,356 times

Advertisements

Hi Folks

We are new to the Dallas area and live in Euless. We're looking to meet some desi families who might have young kids. Our son is a 1 year old who loves company. We've checked out desi websites like Sulekha and Ek Nazar and not really had any luck finding East Indian families near the Euless area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 10:52 AM

871 posts, read 2,688,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skark View Post
Hi Folks

We are new to the Dallas area and live in Euless. We're looking to meet some desi families who might have young kids. Our son is a 1 year old who loves company. We've checked out desi websites like Sulekha and Ek Nazar and not really had any luck finding East Indian families near the Euless area.
Desi here, just moved here from CA. Have you simply tried to go to afternoon showings of Bollywood flicks at the various Funasia theaters in the metro?

Go to an afternoon showing of a family-oriented film and you'll meet tons of Desi families with young children.

FunAsiA - Theater (Indian Movies) - Banquets - Desipages - Radio 104.9FM * 700AM

Normally I wouldn't recommend bringing a one year old to a movie theater, but Desi's do it for bollywood flicks all the time so I wouldn't sweat it unless your one year old is simply too loud all the time.

Good luck!!

Old 02-16-2010, 01:10 PM

Thank you! I will do that, but that would have to be in Irving or Richardson. I was hoping to meet up with desis in the Euless area where we live so we could meet up more often. I do know a couple of families in Irving, Frisco and Plano areas, but I would have to drive out to meet them which is not an option for me right now. Thanks for the suggestions though. My son is loud- so a movie theater seems like a 'far cry' from what we can do with him right now.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:37 AM

6 posts, read 12,996 times
Hi! I'm not Indian so I don't know much about this but I would suggest searching on www.meetup.com It's a social website where you can search for all kinds of groups and I'm pretty sure they might have what you're looking for.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:19 PM

I did look on Meetup and found a group that matched what I was looking for. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Old 02-25-2010, 01:44 PM

59 posts, read 130,416 times
oh my Euless has a ton of desi's! I am guessing the majority of them are Pakistani. Let me think, where do Euless desi parents take their kids hmmm... I'm trying to remember places my parents took me...The library, seriously - its a nice library... Chisolm Park, Bedford Boys Ranch Splash, the mall. Lol I don't know if that's any help - but I am sure you'll meet many desi parents soon, as there is a large population in Euless!

Old 02-26-2010, 11:38 AM

Thanks so much! I still haven't met any here, but I'll try taking my baby out to the library and mall and see if that helps.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:35 PM

521 posts, read 1,313,154 times
Depending on your spiritual bent, there is a Swadhyay group that meets in north Arlington (in a community center on Green Oaks Blvd); they have a kids' "Sunday school" for kids of all ages, though I suppose a one year old is still too young...?

I kinda joke that Euless is really...Useless!

Good luck!

Old 02-27-2010, 08:24 PM

I'm religious but not ready to bring my one-year-old to religious meetings yet. Thanks for the suggestion though. Euless is not too bad. It's just a little new and unknown to us right now. Hope it's not completely useless!

Old 05-13-2010, 12:07 PM

5 posts, read 15,167 times
i need some friend who live here in plano texas pls. contact me Moderator cut: by Direct Message (DM) thank u.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 06-01-2012 at 10:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas