Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 10:53 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times

Advertisements

When you get to Dallas stop and buy a copy of D Magazine right away. Comb thru it and check out what all is going on in the area while your here. I was reading the latest edition (June 2007) last night and there are a lot of things going on that may interest you. Great restaurant reviews in this Mag as well.

When your out scouring around at places and happen by a gym (LifeTime Fitness, 24 Hr Fitness, Bally's, etc) stop in and ask for a tour. Check out the scenery while in there and even be upfront and ask them about their clientele. Do they have a lot of AA members? Males? Females? Families? Too bad you were not w/ me this morning..... when I stopped at the cleaners this good looking guy AA was coming out of the smoothie place and got in his Mercedes. Looked like he had been at LifeTime (which is right next door) . Very polite guy and nice looking. As a female you will find that if you are approaching a door to enter/exit a place that if you look half way approachable (smile, etc) people will hold the door open for you ALL THE TIME! Oh, this is hysterical. There is a tanning place in this same strip center. One day when I went in last year ( glow in the dark if I don't do something to get some color ) there was a guy in there from school (kids school) that I knew. Of course we already gave each other a hard time at the school so when I walked in and saw him I HAD to say something being that he is AA. So I said, "I sure am glad to see you in here working on that tan". He kept it right up and we were all rolling. The poor girl that works there was dying. He had gone in w/ his wife but she had already gone in before him and he came in later to wait on her so when he walked in alone he proceeded to ask the girl about getting a Mystic Tan. LMAO!!! The poor girl was confused but he let up on her when I showed up. That afternoon when I got to the school and walked up there he stood and some other parents all around. You should have seen the looks on some of their faces when I said, "I see that Mystic Tan is working for you" to which he picked right up and ran with. It was a hoot. They moved over the summer and I sure do miss him and our visits waiting for the kids to get out of school.

OH!!! Another thing you will see are advertisements for Juneteenth. In Texas we celebrate Juneteenth, June 19th more-so than any other state. There are HUGE celebrations and goings-ons all over the Dallas area that day. I've had friends that moved here from other states that have never heard of it till they got here. I don't remember the events being as many even 30 years ago compared to what all goes on nowadays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2007, 03:25 PM

30 posts, read 133,623 times
Thanks again to everyone that gave me tips about Dallas. I don't think that I want to take the offer of the company with which I was interviewing (or the other company) so I don't think that I'll be coming to Dallas (at least not by my current thinking). Also, Dallas didn't really feel like me but it seems like a fine city.
At any rate, thanks so much for everything!
SC

Old 11-23-2014, 03:16 AM

2 posts, read 1,923 times
Does your username indicate your neighborhood/residence? I'm moving soon and will be in the Lakewood area. This is an urgent move on faith and I've reason to believe this neighborhood is a motley of diversity, arts/culture and nature. Do you have any insight on this area? My interests closely resembles the initial inquiry by SummerChild.

Thx!

Old 11-23-2014, 03:21 AM

2 posts, read 1,923 times
Did you menntion where you were moving from? What didn't you "feel" about Dallas? Anything in particular? Thx!

Old 11-23-2014, 06:43 AM

2,169 posts, read 5,169,500 times
You do realize this thread is seven years old? What are your concerns/questions about Dallas exactly?

As for Lakewood, it is a relatively affluent area but the broader East Dallas area has a variety of neighborhoods. Would need to know more about the specifics of your situation to offer advice.

Old 11-23-2014, 05:37 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,742,550 times
Or that the OP hasn't posted anything at all since 2009?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas