Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 09:00 AM

8 posts, read 30,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXprincess View Post
What other builders did they recommend?
She recommended Grand Homes, Highland, DavidWeakley, Southerbea, and K Hov because she gets better discount.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2007, 09:14 AM

71 posts, read 343,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachahuy View Post
She recommended Grand Homes, Highland, DavidWeakley, Southerbea, and K Hov because she gets better discount.
I am not sure about the better discount. It depends on the neighborhood and if it is a inventory home they want to move.
Highland, David Weekley and Southerby have the best building standards and customer service. You need to find the builder that builds the floorplan that fits your needs.

Old 06-02-2007, 10:23 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,867,023 times
Quote:
Sounds like you need to find another realtor. Four of those 5 are good but one is not. If the realtor is directing YOU to buy in an area based on HER discount then she is NOT doing YOU any justice.

Old 06-02-2007, 12:55 PM

313 posts, read 1,716,494 times
Quote:
Her reason was because "they do not come off of their pricing and the finish-out is very bland. Everything is an upgrade with them - meaning that everything will cost extra. They are too proud of their homes. Stick with the others." Is this true with Darling Homes?

What about Meritage vs Darling?

I'd say get a new realtor. you pick the house you want. Darling are known to be quality, I could understand if you didnt want to deal with them but your realtor shoudl not tell you they wont work with Darling, that is absurd.
I bought a GRAND home and could not be happier, there are alot of Haters here for Grand but I dont believe everything I hear and gathered my own info, it seems some people hear somthing that someone had a bad experience and just spread it along..talk to people that actually live in the builder you want to buy if you have an concerns. A lot of build work is contracted out so really the same guys build a lot of different builders homes.
The only one on your list I really did not like was DW, I felt they were very over priced for what they were.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:13 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,236,942 times
American Legend Homes is building some very nice quality but reasonably priced homes (200+) They are a fairly new company but are a subsidiary of a large local company with an excellent reputation (BrightCo). Many things are included in their prices that are upgrades in others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas