Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2010, 01:55 AM

8 posts, read 45,241 times

Advertisements

I'm graduating this coming May and I'm hoping to relocate to a trendy/hip neighborhood area in the Dallas area.
I really, really want to live in a nice garden apartment complex (2-3 stories, a handful of units and private parking), preferably a place with lots of historical character, but updated with modern amenities. I found these, which seem to fit the bill of what I'm looking for:
Good Space
Power Properties
Magnolia Ventures

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find much more than this because all the apartment search sites are so overrun with listings from giant corporate-owned properties (Gables et al).
Since my search is mostly web-based for now, I'm wondering if anyone has some suggestions for websites for me to check out. I really want to get a large list going so I can start pounding the pavement this month. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 01:14 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Also try classifieds in dallasobserver.com.

Last edited by FarNorthDallas; 03-01-2010 at 01:32 PM.. Reason: deleted link to realtor website

Old 03-03-2010, 01:16 AM

11 posts, read 21,851 times
When you pound the pavement, check along Grand in East Dallas. There's a bunch of 50's era properties which have been completely renovated with gardens/community areas in the middle. Quite nice.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:15 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Maybe you mean Gaston?

Old 03-03-2010, 03:03 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,518,075 times
There's also quite a few older garden-style complexes in the Knox-Henderson area. Driving along McKinney or Cole streets between Fitzhugh and Monticello you will see several. There are some older apartment complexes east of 75 on the streets intersecting Henderson as well. These locations are within walking distance of lots of restaurants, bars and retail. Most of these places will offer parking, but it won't be in a garage. While these are generally safe 'hoods, car break-ins are not uncommon. That is important to consider. Also remember how hot it gets here in the summer. Getting into a car that's been exposed to the sun for a while during August is NOT pleasant. Good luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: