Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 10:06 AM

3 posts, read 6,043 times

Advertisements

hi fordjunkie and LSR frisco, my family will be moving to frisco, tx by this summer and we are considering landon homes. how was the first year in your new home? what problems did you encounter, if any? how is the traffic getting into and out of your respective subdivisions? i would appreciate any feedback, thanks so much!

Old 03-16-2011, 10:12 AM

1,103 posts, read 1,659,671 times
I like Landon homes. The owner knows what he is doing.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,860 times
Default Landon Home Owner

If you'd like first hand information on the pros and cons of Landon Homes in Little Elm, Texas feel free to contact me directly. We've been in our new home for a little over six-months and are willing to discuss any questions you (anyone) may have. We'd suggest you speak with us prior to signing a purchase contract.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:44 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
My son and his family have been in their home for 13.5 months, a little over a year. They have not had any problems after the first month or two and those were minor problems. The house still looks great.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:03 PM

2 posts, read 5,935 times
I just want to comment on Landon homes. (in little elm) We bought our house in Nov 2010 and moved in Dec. It has been six months. The process of closing went fast but now when we need things to get fixed, the builder is taking it very slowly. (or even finding every reason to NOT fix them) Although they are small issues, I feel that their workmanship is not good and they are not too responsive to requests once we bought the house. I do have to say that the house we have is very energy eff. Our bills are pretty low compare to other households. (but now these days most builders build their houses with that in mind, so nothing special) Look around more before you decide to buy from Landon. They are not the best builder out there but not the worst neither.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:26 PM

1 posts, read 3,615 times
Hi arabam1, Can you please share your experience with Landon. I've just deposited my second earnest money. I'm sure your experience would help me out to make my final decision before its too late.

Regards

Old 06-30-2011, 09:51 PM

94 posts, read 284,996 times
Even though it's a new home, that definitely doesn't mean it was built correctly. The new homes many subcontractors doing work at the same time with little oversight in some cases. Getting a home inspection and the detailed report that comes with it may hold more weight when it comes to getting the builder to make repairs.

If your new home has a 1 or 2 yr warranty, getting an inspection before the warranty is up can save you from having to pay for repairs - and putting it on the builder.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:08 PM

1 posts, read 3,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSR frisco View Post
Hi Njoydallas,

We recently bought spec home in Austin Ridge community.It's great place to live with lots of Amenities. It has convenient access to tollway and freeway both ,with market being developed there. I addition to this LSR has 5 phases in it ..All are well developed and schools are exemplary: Elementary, Middle, high..Just this Austin Ridge is newly build community with Landon home..But if you go ahead and look at their model home and the way they built there home it's really awesome.

I am really happy with my decision and hope to see you soon there..

Thanks LSR Frisco
We planning to buy house in Austin Ridge community , do you know if this builder will reduce prices on homes ?

Old 07-22-2011, 10:23 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,250,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam901 View Post
We planning to buy house in Austin Ridge community , do you know if this builder will reduce prices on homes ?
As a rule of thumb, if you are building a home from scratch, the builders will not reduce the base price of the home. They will however, offer you a few thousand on upgrades.

However, if you are buying a spec home, depending on which stage it is in and depending on what stage the community is in, such as nearing close out, they will negotiate more on that. Landon has about 5 homes on the ground right now that you can probably negotiate on.

I would also recommend that you get professional representation since the builders have their own highly trained employees working for them.

Naima

Old 07-23-2011, 12:12 PM

621 posts, read 1,332,699 times
I know a good realtor and mortgage broker in that area and they may know if there's any problems over there

Pm me if you want contact info and always use a good home inspector even it is a new home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas