Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 07:39 PM

169 posts, read 101,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Rover View Post
Original post is over a decade old.

ETA: it’s only become worse over that decade. You couldn’t pay me to live there.
You are not the norm. There is a reason it is a premium to love there. Simple supply and demand as usual. I would also say talk to people that live there. Most seem to love it from my conversations with them.

I don't know a ton of people that live there but a handful of various ethnic backgrounds and many do not know each other and they all say this is much ado about nothing and a non issue with these current stories being published. I was interested to see if this was true and based on their elections this past month it went 70% conservative candidates.

Last edited by Cicnod; 11-29-2021 at 07:53 PM..

Old 11-29-2021, 07:43 PM

169 posts, read 101,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple44 View Post
Hmmmm, OP, perhaps you should google Southlake, Texas first? Find recent news and you'll see how that town is.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ation-rcna5839

To quote: "The department’s Office for Civil Rights notified the suburban school district’s officials last week that it had opened three investigations into complaints about discrimination against students based on their race, gender and national origin."

And: "The federal investigations come three years after leaders in the Carroll school system, 30 miles northwest of Dallas, promised and ultimately failed to make sweeping changes to address racism in the district following the release of a video of white high school students chanting the N-word. After the video went viral, dozens of parents, students and recent graduates came forward with stories of racist and anti-LGBTQ harassment at Carroll, a majority-white district that has grown more diverse in recent years."

Yet all those people could afford to live anywhere in the metroplex pretty much and they chose to keep their children in this "supposed" miserable situation. Even the lady who is at the forefront of the story originally published by NBC had to move out of Southlake because she was a deadbeat and didn't pay her bills, yet petitioned to keep her children in this "miserable" school district for years after that.

Sorry but the story doesn't pass the smell test. They also weren't chanting the N-word. They were singing a rap song that used that word. Not saying this is OK but art shows the media has no credibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjoubert View Post
Hahahaha ! I called it almost 9 years ago and now Southlake's curtains have been lifted.
The COUNTRY knows the kind of town it really is.!
My suggestion is you actually research this rather than listen to a biased media. BTW it was recently announced this is the richest city in the US.

https://247wallst.com/economy/2021/0...-richest-city/
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas