Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2021, 09:56 AM

4 posts, read 9,419 times

Advertisements

Hi Friends,

We are planning to relocate to Dallas , TX in January 2022.

We are an Indian family of 4 ( kids -12 yr ,5 yr).

My husband and I have both jobs in Irving, TX.

With a bit of research we have narrowed down two locations:

1.) Irving
2.) Coppell

We are interested in renting a two bed apartment with budget around $1500.
Our key preferences are

1.) Good schools for Middle school (elder one is currently in Grade 7 )
2.) Good primary/ Elementary school for my 5yr old
3.) Good High school in future perspective of my middle schooler
4.) Distance to Job location (Irving ) should be commutable daily between 20 -25 mins.
5.) More Oriented towards North Indian community as south Indian language becomes a barrier for communication sometimes . Don't get me wrong I have many South Indian friends and I know as a fact that the language becomes quiet a discomfort in group .

Please advise best choice as per your knowledge/ experience.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Future Dallas Resident
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2021, 12:00 PM

8,144 posts, read 8,338,067 times
Valley Ranch in Irving in the Coppell school district is a great choice. Valley Ranch is the section north of HWY. 635. MacArthur Ave runs north and south through Valley Ranch. In general, the west side of MacArthur is in the Coppell school district and the east side is in the Carrollton/Farmers Branch school district. Coppell is more highly rated.

Before you sign a lease verify with the school you believe your address is zoned to just to ensure there isn’t something quirky. School attendance zones can sometimes be a bit confusing.

Old 10-16-2021, 09:42 PM

198 posts, read 174,545 times
Your budget is low. You probably have to raise it to 1.8k+.

List of APT feeding Coppell ISD
https://www.coppellisd.com/cms/lib/T...els%20List.pdf.

Palmer at Las Colinas Apts might fit your criteria (1-4). For 5, i don't think there is specific area.
Also, only certain units in Palmer are eligible for Coppell ISD.
Nicer apt feeding Coppell ISD are around Cypress Water . 2 bedroom there is 2K+

Old 10-21-2021, 08:34 AM

899 posts, read 669,785 times
mod cut: quoted post removed

mod cut

People say America is a melting pot, but it isn't. It's really more like a salad bowl. Ethnic neighborhoods spring up, allowing them to preserve their ways and language and so on. If Italians came here and became Americanized, we'd lose their authentic pizza. No Chinatown in San Francisco, are you kidding me? Here's a map of Chicago showing where to get the best ethnic food:

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2015...-neighborhood/

Don't be monocultural, OP...hang on to your Indian-ness, but be bicultural and strive for the best of both worlds.

A few years ago I was at Jefferson Park (there are lots of apts around Hidden Ridge); they were playing cricket. Heck, there's a statue of Gandhi in that park.

If you head up to the area around the (now defunct) Frys off Olympus, you'll see tons and tons of apartments.

You may be interested to know that a few years ago, the Irving zip code of 75038 was ranked most diverse in the US.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/ir...verse/1950356/

Check out Facebook for related groups. Here's a couple:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/indiancommunitytexas
https://www.facebook.com/groups/315125496573015

Welcome to Dallas!

Last edited by Acntx; 10-21-2021 at 09:15 AM..

Old 11-28-2021, 09:25 AM

4 posts, read 9,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by san11 View Post
Your budget is low. You probably have to raise it to 1.8k+.

List of APT feeding Coppell ISD
https://www.coppellisd.com/cms/lib/T...els%20List.pdf.

Palmer at Las Colinas Apts might fit your criteria (1-4). For 5, i don't think there is specific area.
Also, only certain units in Palmer are eligible for Coppell ISD.
Nicer apt feeding Coppell ISD are around Cypress Water . 2 bedroom there is 2K+

Sorry for the late reply. Your response has been very very helpful and we have finalized an apartment using ur list ! Thank you so so much!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas