Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 03:06 PM

739 posts, read 3,057,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
So when are we all relocating? I'm game.

Hubby laughs when he sees me on the internet looking up islands to buy. LOL!!! Someday.

OOHHHHHHH!!! How about Costa Rica? Still somewhat tropical but there is a lot of U.S. business done down there.
Bah, you beat me to it Costa Rica is great! You can get in places that arent so hot, good internet there in places, cheap to live, 99.7% literacy rate or something ridiculous like that, they are extremely friendly, and like Americans (They are an American Protectorate meaning they have no army and the US keeps an eye on them).

I just graduated college and Im going to Costa Rica for my 'Holy crap I made it' vacation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 07:42 PM

26 posts, read 64,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaxs View Post
Bah, you beat me to it Costa Rica is great! You can get in places that arent so hot, good internet there in places, cheap to live, 99.7% literacy rate or something ridiculous like that, they are extremely friendly, and like Americans (They are an American Protectorate meaning they have no army and the US keeps an eye on them).

I just graduated college and Im going to Costa Rica for my 'Holy crap I made it' vacation.
don't forget to mention the atlantic AND pacific oceans on either side and the protected rain forests, Irazu (Iguazu?) volcano? Unbelieveable diversity in Costa Rica. Never had the good fortune of going, but I did a project on it many, many years ago. Had the opportunity to tour CHEAP, but couldn't find anyone to go with me at the time.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:40 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow rose View Post
don't forget to mention the atlantic AND pacific oceans on either side and the protected rain forests, Irazu (Iguazu?) volcano? Unbelieveable diversity in Costa Rica. Never had the good fortune of going, but I did a project on it many, many years ago. Had the opportunity to tour CHEAP, but couldn't find anyone to go with me at the time.
For some reason Costa Rica popped into my head a few weeks ago about being a possible summer vacation place for us this summer. I've got to check it out. We have several business clients that have places over there and I'm going to ask them to recommend places to stay. I'm thinking it would be another awesome vacation for my kiddo's. Geez, those kids don't know how easy they have it.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:56 PM

43 posts, read 294,125 times
Default What about Australia?!

You should check out Australia. It's a great place to live and probably one of the countries that are most accepting of Americans. I've lived here for 12 years and am moving back to TX to be closer to family, but I've loved it here. Especially if you plan to live here for only a couple of years or so, it'd be fantastic. The cost of living in Sydney is pretty expensive, but if it's fairly short term - the experience would be well worth the extra cost. I'd be afraid that most of the European countries would be pretty anti-American. It's something that has become quite an issue for yanks living abroad - just a warning for you...

Old 06-06-2007, 06:49 AM

2,256 posts, read 9,762,286 times
Peachy - with all these suggestions don't forget to let us know what you choose!

Old 06-06-2007, 07:42 AM

2,394 posts, read 8,596,369 times
Sounds like you have fair skin like me. Sucks, doesn't it? I go out on a beach and all I can think is, "Geez... this sun is hot, bet I'm getting fried". Beaches aren't my idea of fun... I'm too active to enjoy sitting down for too long - especially in the sun with my fair skin.

I'd be heading to Europe... anywhere in Europe. I'd make sure I'm at a good location to have access to their excellent train system and hop on it every weekend to explore a new country.

Where do you work? What do you do? I'm in IT, so I could go anywhere also. My wife has a job here at Fannie Mae (mortgage company, not the candy company... hehe) so we are definitely staying here. Shortly after she accepted her position, we had the opportunity to take a 2-year relocation to London. We discussed that long and hard, but ultimately decided to stay here... her job really was a wonderful opportunity.

Good luck on your decision - it's awesome you have the opportunity. Definitely nice to see you taking full advantage of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas