U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 11:45 AM

2,974 posts, read 9,076,420 times

Advertisements

I took homemade oatmeal cookies to my new neighbors 2 doors down a year ago. Haven't seen or heard from them since....no note, nada. So, if you lived around Casa Linda Forest, we'd welcome you.

And you are correct about knowing people. All of my husbands jobs have been all about who he knows on the inside. Unfortunately, none are in finance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 11:46 AM

409 posts, read 998,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Where did you buy a home? My neighborhood is super-friendly, maybe yours is not.

I purchased in 75024 (Plano).

Old 03-23-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
Just a thought, maybe you asking for to much $$, or your "over" qualified....which I have heard a lot. I've lived at my current home for four years now and don't know all my neighbors. I believe in the life we lead now we a re to busy to "get to know" your neighbors.

I haven't even gotten to the point to discuss money actually so that for a fact can't be the problem. I have no problem making less than I made on the east coast. I actually expect that. It does not impact my finances as cost of living here is so much lower.

I agree I am sort of busy to care about the fact that none of the neighboors have even tried.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper131 View Post
I took homemade oatmeal cookies to my new neighbors 2 doors down a year ago. Haven't seen or heard from them since....no note, nada. So, if you lived around Casa Linda Forest, we'd welcome you.

And you are correct about knowing people. All of my husbands jobs have been all about who he knows on the inside. Unfortunately, none are in finance.
How rude of those of your neighbors! If someone brought me over cookies (homemade or not) I would have made sure to invite them over for dinner or something along those lines. I guess common courtesy is disappearing all through the US.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:46 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,598,984 times
Just because someone doesn't jump for joy and welcome new neighbors doesn't mean they are rude. Some people are simply very private and would prefer to keep to themselves.

BUT, to not write at least a thank you note, that is poor etiquette.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:50 PM

168 posts, read 549,486 times
what are your qualifications, briefly/generally? or Direct Message me if you prefer...

Old 03-23-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtoal View Post
Just because someone doesn't jump for joy and welcome new neighbors doesn't mean they are rude. Some people are simply very private and would prefer to keep to themselves.

BUT, to not write at least a thank you note, that is poor etiquette.
I didn't say that. I said that it was rude that someone would perform a gesture to welcome you to the neighborhood and you not show any appreciation.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:21 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,598,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taroberts View Post
I didn't say that. I said that it was rude that someone would perform a gesture to welcome you to the neighborhood and you not show any appreciation.
I wasn't directing that towards you. I was just making a statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas