Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 09:25 AM

313 posts, read 1,712,293 times

Advertisements

I vote for Frisco
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 12:32 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,692,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socketz View Post
Maybe one of the natives here can comment on how the boundaries work for ISDs. For instance, if this is Allen ISD today, is it possible that it will be Mckinney ISD in a year or two once they build that area out along Ridge/121 ?
No. Once an area has been annexed to be serviced by either a city or school district it will always be such. Especially when it comes to school districts. If you were in a very rural county w/ lots of small dwindling school districts it is possible for them to merge. There are some sparsly populated counties in West Texas that have one school for the entire county then your talking MILES to the school.

The only boundries that can change are w/in the school district for neighborhood schools. If a new school is built to serve a particular area they will adjust the boundries. Recently some parents in Frisco got peeved because their kids would have to leave the school they had been attending in order to shift to the new school for their area. That is the price you pay when you move into an area that is growing that fast and you need to realize it is a possibility. Call the school district and ask where the new schools to be built are located and if they will effect the area your looking in. It is likely that in a year or two the schools could be much closer.

Old 06-07-2007, 02:58 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,637,807 times
Mom is correct on this matter. I use to attend a school where many wanted to merge our district with a neighboring town school system but it never passed. I also have an uncle who sits currently on a board of a tiny school with 5 kids if lucky per grade. He fights annextation to a district 5 miles away because of rivalries.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:16 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,393,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY - Dallas View Post
Good points about the bus service, anyone know how the bus works exactly? Can you have days where your child uses the bus and days where he/she does not?
When I went to school if you were standing at the bus stop, they'd pick you up, if not, they'd drive on by to the way to the next stop.

Not sure it's mandatory everyday.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:03 PM

549 posts, read 2,188,504 times
Quote:
When I went to school if you were standing at the bus stop, they'd pick you up, if not, they'd drive on by to the way to the next stop.

Not sure it's mandatory everyday.
ok thanks i never needed a bus so i wasnt sure.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:16 PM

28 posts, read 109,503 times
I like Frisco and its shopping centers' development. I haven't been to McKinney. But by looking at the map, I think Frisco is better locationwise especially with the extension of the toll road.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:30 PM

28 posts, read 109,503 times
I think Frisco has lower property tax than Mckinney. Correct me if I am wrong.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:37 PM

Lower property tax yes, but a completely different feel.

Since Southwest Frisco is already priced for the Tollroad extension, Western Mckinney is a better value at this point in time. Mckinney is better if your like me and prefer to be on the edge of it vs. 'in the thick of it'.

Also, in Western Mckinney, the Tollway is just 5 miles to the west. The 75 is less than 5 miles to the East. It really depends on where you work. I'm in Richardson so west Mckinney was about 4-5 miles closer for me.

I also fell in love wit Stonebridge (Stonebridge Ranch, Dallas Texas Collin County McKinney Texas Real Estate New Homes For Sale by Newland Communities - Welcome) and couldn't find anything similar in Frisco other than Stonebriar/Starwood ($$$$$).

Again, once you visit, you can see for yourself. ALL of these areas we discuss here on the boards are very close to one another.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:46 PM

45 posts, read 204,854 times
Quote:
Lower property tax yes, but a completely different feel.

Since Southwest Frisco is already priced for the Tollroad extension, Western Mckinney is a better value at this point in time. Mckinney is better if your like me and prefer to be on the edge of it vs. 'in the thick of it'.

Also, in Western Mckinney, the Tollway is just 5 miles to the west. The 75 is less than 5 miles to the East. It really depends on where you work. I'm in Richardson so west Mckinney was about 4-5 miles closer for me.

I also fell in love wit Stonebridge (Stonebridge Ranch, Dallas Texas Collin County McKinney Texas Real Estate New Homes For Sale by Newland Communities - Welcome) and couldn't find anything similar in Frisco other than Stonebriar/Starwood ($$$$$).

Again, once you visit, you can see for yourself. ALL of these areas we discuss here on the boards are very close to one another.

I agree with this. On our last visit we thought we'd buy in Frisco, but after looking at McKinney it was a "no brainer". Frisco was too "cookie cutter", we liked Mckinney much better. We too settled on Stonebridge.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:00 PM

Your in Aspendale right ?

Have you registered on Stonebridge Connects yet?

Stonebridge Ranch - Login (broken link)

Last edited by socketz; 06-07-2007 at 10:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas