Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2010, 01:58 PM

2 posts, read 3,420 times

Advertisements

My husband is looking at transfering to Princeton Tx and we are checking all areas around Princeton. We have two children 11 and 8 both boys and active we are spoiled with our school system being from south eastern Pa I have heard great things about schools there and the property taxes go to the school system. My husband is very active in hunting,fishing,fourwheeling anything outdoors and he is looking forward to shorter winters, I on the other hand I love the beach it appears it is a good 5 hour drive to the gulf coast any info on family activities and school functions and so forth would be great we will have no family there and poss some friends with coworkers transfering there also how friendly can we expect people to be? thank you for any insight scared in Pa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 06:29 PM

32 posts, read 85,466 times
First of all there is no beach anywhere near Princetown. However, there are lakes not to far from there. McKinney is a great town - everything you need is near there (hospitals, shopping, etc.) Life is good in McKinney.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:38 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maherr2 View Post
My husband is looking at transfering to Princeton Tx and we are checking all areas around Princeton. We have two children 11 and 8 both boys and active we are spoiled with our school system being from south eastern Pa I have heard great things about schools there and the property taxes go to the school system. My husband is very active in hunting,fishing,fourwheeling anything outdoors and he is looking forward to shorter winters, I on the other hand I love the beach it appears it is a good 5 hour drive to the gulf coast any info on family activities and school functions and so forth would be great we will have no family there and poss some friends with coworkers transfering there also how friendly can we expect people to be? thank you for any insight scared in Pa
What exactly in Princeton is there to transfer to?

McKinney is a nice place to live.We have lived here going on 3 years and have loved every minute of it.

The coast is 5 hrs away at the closest and that one (Galveston) is OK but not great.Port Aransas is closer to 7 1/2 hrs,Dauphin Island about 10 1/2,both are better beaches.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:52 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,238,155 times
I'm glad you're planning on living somewhere other than Princeton since you have school children. You might want to look at the Fairview (southeast of McKinney on the east side of Hwy 75) - the Lovejoy ISD (independent school district)...that would be an easy commute to Princeton for your husband and a very good school system for your kids. Fairview Village has good shopping and restaurants (everything is new!) and you'd have easy access to Hwy 75 (aka Central Expressway) to get to all activities in Dallas, Plano, McKinney.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:28 PM

2 posts, read 3,420 times
Thanks for the input. My husband is in the medical field and has the choice to go or not go we are waying all option so all input is welcome

Old 03-31-2010, 05:46 PM

83 posts, read 482,917 times
McKinney is a great place to Live, I was there for about a year and it is a beautiful place, and everything you need is at most 15 minutes away. ohh and the schools are great.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:13 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,238,155 times
As for schools....not all the McKinney schools are created equal......and please realize that McKinney ISD still buses children....one of the few districts left that does that. There is no guarantee that your kids will go to school in their neighborhood unless you live in far west McKinney - kids in that part of town may be in either the Frisco or Prosper school districts, which are both very good. (but far west McKinney would be a long commute to Princeton). And if you are considering living or going to school in Princeton, you might want to study this website: find registered offenders
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas