Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 06:18 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,807,637 times

Advertisements

That's good news for when I move! I love Carl's Jr.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 09:59 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,432,468 times
They had a ton of Carl's Jr. out in the LA area when we lived there. Tried it a few times and was never really impressed. In-N-Out Burger sure was good though!

Old 04-10-2010, 11:06 PM

145 posts, read 402,025 times
No offense, but this is a pretty funny thread. I mean, Carl's JR is average fast food at BEST. Certainly nothing to get excited about, but to each his own I guess. I didn't realize that there were still places in the U.S. without a Carl's Jr/Hardees though. They've been pretty common everywhere that I've lived.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:35 AM

21 posts, read 80,865 times
Funny that they don't have a Carls Jr in Dallas Did they still play the TV commercials? The ones with hot girls stuffing their faces? That must've drove you crazy. lol

Here in the Bay Area, they always play the Sonic commercials with 2 dudes in the car, but there aren't any Sonics in NorCal. It drove me nuts not knowing what a Sonic was.

BTW, I finally got to try Sonic in Las Vegas, and it was pretty crappy--even for fast food lol. I'd rank Carl's Jr. just below In-n-out on the fast food hierarchy

Old 04-11-2010, 12:40 AM

871 posts, read 2,689,130 times
Carl's Jr's #1 fan here. Surprised people don't know about the Carl's Jr in Rockwall. It's on I-30, part of a Love's Truck Stop. Until now they've had a few locations in the metro, but only in the outskirts.

Nice to see a Carl's actually coming into Dallas on Lemmon Ave.

Rumor is that a old KFC on Campbell near US 75 is being converted to Carl's Jr.

Although Carl's and Hardees are owned by the same company, they don't have the same menus. Hardee's doesn't have Carl's Jr's signature Western Bacon Cheeseburger (or Double Western, for that matter), just one of many examples of differences. I've been pushing Carl's (letter writing campaign over the years) to take Carl's nationwide and dump the Hardee's menu and brand, but I suspect the parent company has done research and it probably shows that Hardee's still has some loyalty. When I lived in KC from 2000-early 2005 it drove me NUTS that they had Hardee's but I couldn't get a double western. Two times during my stay in KC my wife and I drove the 220 miles each way to Claremore, OK for the closest Carl's Jr to enjoy that Double Western. Like I said, I'm the #1 Carl's Jr Fan.

Double Westerns will be the death of me. Only thing is that I hope they go back to their original french fries. I hate their natural cut fries. Note that Jack in the Box just went back to shoestring fries after having natural cut for several years now. I hope Carl's does the same. Love the ketchup at Carl's too. It seems "tangier" than ketchup from other fast food joints.

Last edited by pappy97; 04-11-2010 at 12:51 AM..

Old 04-11-2010, 12:43 AM

871 posts, read 2,689,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayHey View Post
Funny that they don't have a Carls Jr in Dallas Did they still play the TV commercials? The ones with hot girls stuffing their faces? That must've drove you crazy. lol

Here in the Bay Area, they always play the Sonic commercials with 2 dudes in the car, but there aren't any Sonics in NorCal. It drove me nuts not knowing what a Sonic was.

BTW, I finally got to try Sonic in Las Vegas, and it was pretty crappy--even for fast food lol. I'd rank Carl's Jr. just below In-n-out on the fast food hierarchy
The first Sonic in the SF Bay Area opened in Hayward, CA a few months ago. I think the food sucks, but I love the drinks. If you want it, you CAN get it in the SF Bay Area now.

Old 04-11-2010, 01:06 AM

3,260 posts, read 8,760,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I just had a Carl's Jr. Santa Fe Chicken sandwich from the location at Love's Truck Stop at S. Polk and I-20 as I was at the basketball playoffs at the DISD stadium complex across the street..
I know where that is at it across the street from Jesse Owens Memorial Complex. (locals call it Kincade Stadium)

Old 04-11-2010, 09:07 AM

1,201 posts, read 4,539,802 times
I saw that yesterday too and got really excited. Now if In-N-Out comes I will be complete and never have a need to go back home to California lol

Old 04-11-2010, 09:11 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,494,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post
No offense, but this is a pretty funny thread. I mean, Carl's JR is average fast food at BEST. Certainly nothing to get excited about, but to each his own I guess. I didn't realize that there were still places in the U.S. without a Carl's Jr/Hardees though. They've been pretty common everywhere that I've lived.
Obviously none of us agree with you. Love those char-broiled patties. Thanks for the input though. There are always threads on city-data about foods/restaurants people miss, and always a bunch of people who feel the need to post to tell people the thing they miss isn't worth missing.

I am excited about the Richardson location - drove by to look at the sign last night. It just says "coming soon" and they haven't begun working on the building yet.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:36 PM

554 posts, read 1,196,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Obviously none of us agree with you. Love those char-broiled patties. Thanks for the input though. There are always threads on city-data about foods/restaurants people miss, and always a bunch of people who feel the need to post to tell people the thing they miss isn't worth missing.

I am excited about the Richardson location - drove by to look at the sign last night. It just says "coming soon" and they haven't begun working on the building yet.
That location was approved last fall. Does anyone know what is taking so long? At this rate In-N-Out will have their meat/distribution center and over 25 locations up and running before Carl's Jr has 3 that aren't part of a Loves Truck Stop. AND WTF is with Carl's building locations out in east-jesus-nowhere?! When I lived in Cali you could only find Carl's Jr in the city. It was rare to come across one in the country. The situation is reversed here. I don't know who is in charge of the Texas expansion but they certainly have their head up their ass. Open locations in Dallas proper and her populated suburbs!!! end of rant.
I'm sorry, it has been 5 years since I had Carl's Jr and I am craving a #1 badly! LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas