Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 06:44 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times

Advertisements

Thanks Kdogg. I'm really enjoying this song. With or without the video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 06:46 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,874,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
^^ Mrs. Badu is laughing all the way to the bank.
Not with my money, she's not, LOL!!

Neither is Brittney Spears, or any of her ilk, either.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:49 PM

358 posts, read 1,075,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
The only people that really have a problem with it I have found are "White Women" (soccer moms). That black beauty was just too much for you to handle I guess. I am pretty sure she would tell you to "Kiss her black a$$. Please don't disrespect the "First Lady of Neo Soul". Try calling her that in front of an black American and I bet you that will be last time you make such foolish comments. Erykah Badu is a strong beautiful black sister and I applaud her for her stance aganist groupthink.
You are making a blanket statement about White women that is simply untrue and unfair. You also can't speak for all Black people or Black women. Not everyone in the Black community sees her decision to walk down the street stripping off her clothing as being art. Many are appalled at such a decision an are - once again - concerned that an "artist" has helped others to form negative opinions of Black women, as her actions have depicted her as an object as opposed to a strong and intelligent woman.

I read the lyrics to "Window Seat" and I love the message. I'm just not in love with how she chose to deliver the message visually. I also state again that if she found it necessary to make tis video, she could have hired extras and sought a private location. The larger offenses here are that this was done at the sight of JFK's assassination and that she stripped nude in front of unsuspecting people who weren't given the opportunity to shield their eyes or those of their children.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:50 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,847,294 times
Quote:
^^ Mrs. Badu is laughing all the way to the bank.
yeah, to make a withdrawal so she can pay that fine lol..sorry, i just had to say it

but seriously, it's definitely a fascinating video. as for the song, right now i only like it, but i'm sure it'll grow on me and i'll end up loving it

Old 04-04-2010, 06:53 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,002,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
i guess the meaning of "lol" typed after a statement has been lost
So you are saying the LOL negated the statement preceding it?Funny,but you spent the other sentences following the LOL defending it in the same fashion.Perhaps the meaning of LOL is lost on the user.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:16 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,847,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
So you are saying the LOL negated the statement preceding it?Funny,but you spent the other sentences following the LOL defending it in the same fashion.Perhaps the meaning of LOL is lost on the user.
the rest of my post had nothing to do with claiming how she was "too deep". you just chose to see it that way. your problem. not mine

Old 04-04-2010, 07:20 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,954,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Not with my money, she's not, LOL!!

Neither is Brittney Spears, or any of her ilk, either.
It doesn't have to be with your money. All of the publicity she is getting out of this. $500 is going to be like a drop in the bucket.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
It doesn't have to be with your money. All of the publicity she is getting out of this. $500 is going to be like a drop in the bucket.
Of course.Which is exactly why she did it.Brilliant PR move actually.You couldn't buy this much publicity for someone most of America has never heard of.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:34 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,028,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Of course.Which is exactly why she did it.Brilliant PR move actually.You couldn't buy this much publicity for someone most of America has never heard of.
LOL. I like Erykah Badu, but she is a little cocky & I think shooting in Dealey Plaza was a bit much...disrespectful? maybe yes, esp. in front of children. Call it what you must, but publicity is publicity for celebs.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:41 PM

I don't know her and therefore don't like or dislike her,and am not freaked out that she chose to walk nude down the street.But I have little doubt this was a creative publicity stunt in a competitive business where they are always having to one up the other performers.She has certainly gotten a ton of cheap publicity for this one,so it was brilliant from that standpoint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas