Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 08:45 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times

Advertisements

I have NEVER felt unsafe at North Park and I've been there late at night, during the holidays, etc.

As for parking at NP, the south side of the mall has more congestion due to it being on the Northwest Hwy side and there is less room on that side for parking. There are several restaurants on that side so they put in the valet and it being right by Neiman's. I've never had a problem finding a parking spot by Dillard's, Macy's, Nordstrom's or even on the west side where the movie theater used to be.

On the north side of the mall there are actually TWO valet stands. One is outside the Nordstrom's door and the other is outside the door by Luna de Noche. I've used it some but only if parking was a premium and that has not been that often really. Or if my husband just really doesn't feel like even looking for a spot he will valet. Otherwise we have usually gotten fairly lucky even during the holidays and find a spot right off by Nordstrom's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 08:54 AM

681 posts, read 2,359,887 times
When I go to Northpark, for example about 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, I never have a problem with parking. I park in the lower level Macy's garage, accessed by the service road off of 75. It's about 1/3 full when I arrive. When I leave around 2:00 p.m. it's full.

If I plan on arriving late (after 2:00 or so), I go to the north parking lots by Nordstrom and Macy's. There's always parking up there.

The southern side of the mall is always congested, but I don't arrive from that direction so it doesn't affect me at all.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,932 times
NORTHPARK IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! I love to go in the designer stores like Valentino, Burberry, Oscar de la Renta, Ilori, Salvatore Ferragomo, etc. I also love that their department stores are amazing because the ones at places like Collin Creek and Vista Ridge are mediocre, but the NorthPark Dillards and Macys and Nordstrom are awesomE!!!!!!!! I like how its close to Shoppes at Park Lane for discount stores (Nordstrom Rack, Off Fifth, and the new Bloomingdales Outlets). I love how NorthPark has almost stores too, but I feel their is not that much parking places when I go.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:16 PM

574 posts, read 1,478,576 times
To me Galleria Mall seems a bit dated and tired-looking. I never want to spend a lot of time there because to me it does not look appealing. Even though I am not much of a mall shopper, I absolutely love NorthPark mall.

The key to parking...I always luck out on the 3rd level of the covered parking on either the Macy's end or Nordstrom's. There is always someone walking to their car you can follow. I have the worst luck on the open parking lots. Plus some of those spots are hideously narrow, which we learned the hard way on our very first trip to NorthPark.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:42 PM

1,257 posts, read 3,683,015 times
Been to both.... as an outsider - Northpark is less impressive than Galleria in terms of sheer size, but I enjoyed Northpark moreso than Galleria because is was quieter and has better (upper scale) stores.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:11 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinipig523 View Post
Been to both.... as an outsider - Northpark is less impressive than Galleria in terms of sheer size, but I enjoyed Northpark moreso than Galleria because is was quieter and has better (upper scale) stores.
Northpark is bigger....

Old 03-05-2012, 08:49 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,947,759 times
Quote:
The Galleria looks bigger because of the number of floors. When you think of the amount of floors you always think it's bigger. (Well at least I do)

Old 03-05-2012, 09:26 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,298,950 times
Quote:
Galleria - 1.9M SF

NorthPark- 2.5M SF

Maybe the 3 levels @ Galleria vs 1-2 @ NorthPark is visually deceptive, but NorthPark is definitely bigger- by a lot!!

Old 03-05-2012, 11:53 PM

2 posts, read 3,175 times
For the most part, depends on what you're looking for... & the time of day.

Otherwise, as far as the department stores are concerned; differences are galleria has saks, north park has Barney's. Saks rocks (especially the dress section on 2nd floor), Barney's sucks. Nordstrom at galleria is better for shoes, northparks is better for clothes. Neimans at np is AMaZIiNng! But a hunt is required to meet a budget. Macy's... Is Macy's & so on for Dillard's, etc..

Galleria is better for any known designer's independent store (bcbg, ann taylor, guess, etc...) but I think np is the spot for shops that you might not have ever heard of before.

Good luck & God Bless! Hope you have fun!

Old 03-06-2012, 01:04 AM

4,435 posts, read 6,304,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mami2emily View Post
To me Galleria Mall seems a bit dated and tired-looking. I never want to spend a lot of time there because to me it does not look appealing. Even though I am not much of a mall shopper, I absolutely love NorthPark mall.

The key to parking...I always luck out on the 3rd level of the covered parking on either the Macy's end or Nordstrom's. There is always someone walking to their car you can follow. I have the worst luck on the open parking lots. Plus some of those spots are hideously narrow, which we learned the hard way on our very first trip to NorthPark.
Hmm.. I've never thought this. They renovated the entire mall recently. It is one of the more modern malls around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas