Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 01:18 PM

6 posts, read 32,296 times

Advertisements

Which is better and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 01:22 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,597,783 times
Northpark. Better stores.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:42 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,196,267 times
There's another thread in the Dallas forum to discuss materialism, comparing Frisco and Highland Park. I'd use that same comparison to distinguish between the Galleria and North Park.

North Park is the ONLY mall I will go into. It just has that intended to be where it is atmosphere. I take it most of the North Park shoppers are satisfied that the Galleria shoppers are elsewhere. Not snobbery, just personal intent.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:55 PM

521 posts, read 1,307,937 times
I am not rich but would rather go window-shop or even go shopping at North Park. But if you ask which is better, it really depends on what you want. If you want a quieter shopping experience, North Park has that. If you want a skating rink, Galleria has that. If you want super duper expensive boutiques, North Park has that more so than Galleria does. If you want a nice multi-screen movie theater, North Park has it. So it really just depends on what you need from a mall and your personal choice.

Having said that, I shop at both places, as well as at that outlet mall off of 75 all the way far north...I forget what it's called. The J. Crew store there is a better bargain than the one in North Park, for example...I'm not rich, and neither are my parents, and I don't spend a wad of cash to make myself look nicer to people who wouldn't care anyway (and for whose opinion I don't care). In that sense, I feel I'm really stuck in the middle of a wrong sort of crowd! lol

Old 04-12-2010, 01:57 PM

686 posts, read 2,425,913 times
North Park ~ Nicer mall, easier to get in and out of, just a different atmosphere from the other malls around.

Old 04-12-2010, 02:33 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,371,854 times
Stonebriar.

I don't like going to Galleria bec of the parking situation. Total hassle. If I go there it is specifically to go to Gap and/or Old Navy as they are the closest ones to me.

Northpark is the mall where my son and his friends hang, when they hang at the mall. The food court is a bit more unique than other mall's food court as far as food choice. I used to go there when I worked in a highrise nearby, but now I rarely go there. Most of it to me is so impractical. I don't spend that kind of money.

I like Stonebriar since I am not a spendy person. I like practical. I like clean and new. It has a Barnes & Noble inside it, which I like. Across the street there are even more stores like Old Navy. The one thing I hate about Stonebriar is the aggressive kiosk people. I just bought 3 suits at Stonebriar and it cost me $85. They are just giving clothes away.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:01 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,671,273 times
NorthPark. LOVE NorthPark. I just like the over all feel of the place and it just seems friendlier as well from the salespeople to the fellow shoppers.

Speaking of........... I need to head to Norstrom's sometime soon for the shoes. LOVE their shoe department and you don't have to drop $$$$ to get great shoes there either.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
Stonebriar.

I don't like going to Galleria bec of the parking situation. Total hassle. If I go there it is specifically to go to Gap and/or Old Navy as they are the closest ones to me.

Northpark is the mall where my son and his friends hang, when they hang at the mall. The food court is a bit more unique than other mall's food court as far as food choice. I used to go there when I worked in a highrise nearby, but now I rarely go there. Most of it to me is so impractical. I don't spend that kind of money.

I like Stonebriar since I am not a spendy person. I like practical. I like clean and new. It has a Barnes & Noble inside it, which I like. Across the street there are even more stores like Old Navy. The one thing I hate about Stonebriar is the aggressive kiosk people. I just bought 3 suits at Stonebriar and it cost me $85. They are just giving clothes away.
I used to love shopping at Stonebriar and probably still would, but I rarely make it out that far... it used to be a bit easier to get to, but over the years, there has been a lot of new development and with it, a lot more traffic...it's just too much hassle. And North Park in only 5 mins from my place...

Old 04-12-2010, 03:16 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,671,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a75206 View Post
I used to love shopping at Stonebriar and probably still would, but I rarely make it out that far... it used to be a bit easier to get to, but over the years, there has been a lot of new development and with it, a lot more traffic...it's just too much hassle. And North Park in only 5 mins from my place...
North Park used to be bad about traffic and still has a lot of traffic around it but it flows so much better than Stonebriar. Going up there is just a nightmare in traffic. Then one of the last times I was at the Nordstrom's in Frisco I had something happen by a fellow customer that just put a bad taste in my mouth. I was literally standing there at the counter in the shoe department with my box on the counter while the salesperson went to get something for me. This lady walked up and literally put herself IN FRONT OF ME and picked my box up and put it on the ground I could not believe it. I guess I wasn't leaning on the counter close enough and she was just more important than me. You should have seen the look on the salespersons face when they came back and this lady was standing there in front of me practically throwing her stuff in his face. He looked at me and I said, "I guess she is just in too big of a hurry to wait for anyone else that was here first and is too important for that". She never even so much as glared at me. This wasn't the first time at that mall where I've encountered this kind of attitude.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
North Park used to be bad about traffic and still has a lot of traffic around it but it flows so much better than Stonebriar. Going up there is just a nightmare in traffic. Then one of the last times I was at the Nordstrom's in Frisco I had something happen by a fellow customer that just put a bad taste in my mouth. I was literally standing there at the counter in the shoe department with my box on the counter while the salesperson went to get something for me. This lady walked up and literally put herself IN FRONT OF ME and picked my box up and put it on the ground I could not believe it. I guess I wasn't leaning on the counter close enough and she was just more important than me. You should have seen the look on the salespersons face when they came back and this lady was standing there in front of me practically throwing her stuff in his face. He looked at me and I said, "I guess she is just in too big of a hurry to wait for anyone else that was here first and is too important for that". She never even so much as glared at me. This wasn't the first time at that mall where I've encountered this kind of attitude.
yes, that's simply rude and that sort of behavior should not be tolerated anywhere by anyone. I'm sorry you had that experience. I've had similar type of bad behavior sometime but overall, shopping experience is quite good in Dallas area. The occasional nut jobs of various flavors (racists, 30k millionaires, etc.) can ruin the mood for others but they thankfully don't rule the world. And you're likely to run into one of those types in almost any shopping area in DFW so hopefully you won't hold that bad experience against Stonebriar mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas