Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2011, 10:22 AM

1,103 posts, read 1,660,566 times

Advertisements

Ran by the one in Allen to see at 845pm last night when we were finished watch arena football.
The drive thru line looked at least an hour or more. Inside was so crowed that I don't know how long it would take. Needless to say we didn't stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 10:23 AM

4,435 posts, read 6,301,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickkraus View Post
i went at 3:30 yesterday in the huge thunderstorm, took me 5 minutes to get my food!

the animal style burger was one of the most delicious things i've had in a long time. the fries on the other hand...ehh
Ya I don't like their fries either. very blah

Old 05-22-2011, 02:48 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoycMarr View Post
I waited in line almost 2 hours Friday night and tried the infamous double double animal style, with fries and a chocolate shake. Burger was yummy, but next time Im going to just go with the single patty. Fries needed salt badly, and I will withhold too much opinion on the shake until I try all the other flavors, but Braums has them beat so far on the shake.
I LOVE places that don't salt their fries...that way I get to control the amount of salt on them. Most places put way too much on so I have to either eat something I find unpalatable, waste it, or ask them to do them over. Normally if I order fries I request them unsalted to begin with, but sometimes they screw up. Good to know In N Out makes naked fries.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:31 AM

2,394 posts, read 8,595,227 times
...naked and undercooked fries. Their burgers are acceptable; their fries are not. Then, if you let them sit more than 90 seconds... they are cold and nasty.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:47 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,463,908 times
get the fries animal style and it makes them great. Nothing melted cheese and spread cant fix!

Old 05-23-2011, 07:52 AM

1,257 posts, read 2,535,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
The locations and upcoming ones....

Allen 190 E. Stacy Rd. 75 Fwy. to Stacy Rd. E. - OPEN

Frisco 2800 Preston Rd. 121 Fwy. to Preston Rd. N. - OPEN

Arlington 1075 W. I-20 Coming Soon

Dallas 7940 N. Central Exwy. Coming Soon

Dallas 7909 LBJ Fwy. Coming Soon

Fort Worth 2900 W. 7th St. Coming Soon

Irving 6501 N. MacArthur Blvd. Coming Soon

I haven't read through this entire thread, and I have no desire to skim 120 pages, but what happened to the Hurst and Garland locations?

Old 05-23-2011, 08:23 AM

1,201 posts, read 4,540,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceBodiker View Post
I haven't read through this entire thread, and I have no desire to skim 120 pages, but what happened to the Hurst and Garland locations?
They still have plans to open those locations. I know Garland was having some problems, and Hurst hasn't even turned dirt yet on their location, but they are still planning on both.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:56 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lh_newbie View Post
...naked and undercooked fries. Their burgers are acceptable; their fries are not. Then, if you let them sit more than 90 seconds... they are cold and nasty.
A matter of opinion and not fact. For you the fries are unexceptable, for others they are great. We have never had cold fries. How could they be cold when you can watch them being removed from the deep frier. Most fries get cold pretty fast if there is air conditioning or ceiling fans on. As for not being cooked, I will agree, though I have never gotten thme undercooked and have been eating at InnOut for about 60 years, I have gotten them when there really were not nice and brown.

Nita

Old 05-23-2011, 09:37 AM

871 posts, read 2,689,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I LOVE places that don't salt their fries...that way I get to control the amount of salt on them. Most places put way too much on so I have to either eat something I find unpalatable, waste it, or ask them to do them over. Normally if I order fries I request them unsalted to begin with, but sometimes they screw up. Good to know In N Out makes naked fries.
I love unsalted fries too (hate how Mooyah/5 Guys tries to kill you with Salt), but In-N-Out fries, salt or no salt, suck. They are worst "fresh" french fries I've ever had. Mooyah without salt are probably the best "fresh" french fires I've ever had, but last time I went to Mooyah and I asked for no salt on the fries, and we still got salt.

Somehow the idiots at Mooyah corporate haven't figure out that the register should have an option for no salt on fries (they have to just yell it to the fry cook, it's never on the receipt). But what do you expect, these are the same idiots who rip off 5 guys in doing every order to go, even if you eat in, which is a MASSIVE and unecessary waste of paper.

Anyways, on Saturday in the afternoon drove by Frisco In-N-Out, it was still insane. Drove by Allen In-N-Out Sunday night at 7pm and they still had at least 50 people in line, didn't see how long the drive thru was. Still need to wait a WHILE before going...

Old 05-23-2011, 09:39 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post
I love unsalted fries too (hate how Mooyah/5 Guys tries to kill you with Salt), but In-N-Out fries, salt or no salt, suck. They are worst "fresh" french fries I've ever had. Mooyah without salt are probably the best "fresh" french fires I've ever had, but last time I went to Mooyah and I asked for no salt on the fries, and we still got salt.

Somehow the idiots at Mooyah corporate haven't figure out that the register should have an option for no salt on fries (they have to just yell it to the fry cook, it's never on the receipt). But what do you expect, these are the same idiots who rip off 5 guys in doing every order to go, even if you eat in, which is a MASSIVE and unecessary waste of paper.

Anyways, on Saturday in the afternoon drove by Frisco In-N-Out, it was still insane. Drove by Allen In-N-Out Sunday night at 7pm and they still had at least 50 people in line, didn't see how long the drive thru was. Still need to wait a WHILE before going...
I so rarely go to either Frisco or Allen that I figure by the time I make it up to either place, the furor over In N Out will have died down and I can try their fries without waiting in line for an hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas