Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 09:44 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post
I love unsalted fries too (hate how Mooyah/5 Guys tries to kill you with Salt), but In-N-Out fries, salt or no salt, suck. They are worst "fresh" french fries I've ever had. Mooyah without salt are probably the best "fresh" french fires I've ever had, but last time I went to Mooyah and I asked for no salt on the fries, and we still got salt.
I agree with you on the fries. Every third or fourth time I go to INO, for some reason I get stupid and order them again (always say well-done).

Even well-done I always ask myself why I'm eating these again...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 10:08 AM

328 posts, read 568,623 times
Try this although I am sure they will be loving you.....
My sister always orders fries "fresh from the fryer"...we laugh about it, but I guess it solves the cold fries problem...

Old 05-23-2011, 10:15 AM

871 posts, read 2,688,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I agree with you on the fries. Every third or fourth time I go to INO, for some reason I get stupid and order them again (always say well-done).

Even well-done I always ask myself why I'm eating these again...
100% with you, including on fries well done at In-N-Out. But I always order them as well because I just can't have a burger w/o fries, and the way In-N-out works (Especially now in Texas), you can't exactly do a combo run where you combine an In-N-out burger with another place's fries.

Well you could do that, but like Mooyah and 5 Guys, In-N-Out burgers need to be eaten right away. Depending on what is in it, buns can get soggy and all that jazz.

I had a friend back in California and at the time her fiance was a grad student at Southern Illinois. On trips to visit him, she'd bring him In-N-Out, i.e. go to In-N-Out, get burger and fries, take on plane from bay area to STL, and then her fiance would pick her up at airport and eat the burger when she was picked up. I can't imagine how horrible those burgers were, and I also think that's another example of In-N-Out craziness.

Back to original point, in Allen it might be possible to get Mooyah fries (with no Salt) at Allen Mooyah and then go to In-N-Out drive thru when everything has calmed down, the Mooyah fries might have cooled down a little, but they'll still be better than In-N-Out fries.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:29 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
Should have been $6.15 + tax
With tax, mine came to exactly $6.66. Should a company with bible verses on their burger wrappers be charging this amount?

Old 05-23-2011, 12:38 PM

469 posts, read 886,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
With tax, mine came to exactly $6.66. Should a company with bible verses on their burger wrappers be charging this amount?
Mine did too. ALL THE MORE REASON FOR ME TO EAT THERE

Old 05-23-2011, 06:42 PM

277 posts, read 577,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post
Anyways, on Saturday in the afternoon drove by Frisco In-N-Out, it was still insane. Drove by Allen In-N-Out Sunday night at 7pm and they still had at least 50 people in line, didn't see how long the drive thru was. Still need to wait a WHILE before going...
Meh....

I'm only in Frisco for FC Dallas games...hopefully by June 4th its worn off enough. *crosses fingers*

Old 05-24-2011, 10:43 PM

207 posts, read 506,282 times
i hate to be the downer, but we live in frisco and went to in-n-out today for the first time (15 min through drive-thru at 1:30). i really didn't taste anything spectacular. :/ steak and shake and freddy's are just as good. the french fries did taste fresh, but i prefer skinny little fries! i think people just totally hype it up and it's more of a fad (if food can be a fad.) i am not saying we won't ever go back, but it was nothing to write home about! i'm ready for the backlash.....

Old 05-24-2011, 10:57 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,947,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
The locations and upcoming ones....

Allen 190 E. Stacy Rd. 75 Fwy. to Stacy Rd. E. - OPEN

Frisco 2800 Preston Rd. 121 Fwy. to Preston Rd. N.
- OPEN

Arlington 1075 W. I-20 Coming Soon

Dallas 7940 N. Central Exwy. Coming Soon

Dallas 7909 LBJ Fwy. Coming Soon

Fort Worth 2900 W. 7th St. Coming Soon

Irving 6501 N. MacArthur Blvd. Coming Soon
I've been told Arlington is opening up in August. Right now, the're laying down the foundation. Moving along pretty good.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:47 AM

1,631 posts, read 4,223,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute Mom View Post
i hate to be the downer, but we live in frisco and went to in-n-out today for the first time (15 min through drive-thru at 1:30). i really didn't taste anything spectacular. :/ steak and shake and freddy's are just as good. the french fries did taste fresh, but i prefer skinny little fries! i think people just totally hype it up and it's more of a fad (if food can be a fad.) i am not saying we won't ever go back, but it was nothing to write home about! i'm ready for the backlash.....
That's ok. I don't like Steak n Shake. You don't have to like in n Out but the fact that you gave it a fair shot before making a judgement was nice to see.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:50 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,813,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute Mom View Post
Having never had one, I am hoping this is not just another case of the emperor not having any clothes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas