Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2011, 07:03 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,827,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by su6oxone View Post
In n' Out shirts are lame with those huge cheesy pics on the back. They do sell a cooler t-shirt with just a simple In n' Out logo on the front (black shirt with white logo) online, dunno about the stores.

But regarding the cowboy scene on the TX shirts... well, what else could they have put on there that would have represented TX? An oil rig? A strip mall? This state isn't exactly overflowing with iconic locations/landmarks (e.g. Golden Gate bridge, Pacific ocean/beach, Hollywood sign, Yosemite/Sierra Nevadas, etc.).
Texas School Book Depository maybe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 10:02 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,096,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyanger View Post
Texas School Book Depository maybe?
Or perhaps the Alamo.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:37 PM

1,621 posts, read 4,573,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Or perhaps the Alamo.
Or NASA, or Cowboys Stadium. A space agency and a spaceship.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:10 AM

554 posts, read 1,191,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by su6oxone View Post
In n' Out shirts are lame with those huge cheesy pics on the back. They do sell a cooler t-shirt with just a simple In n' Out logo on the front (black shirt with white logo) online, dunno about the stores.

But regarding the cowboy scene on the TX shirts... well, what else could they have put on there that would have represented TX? An oil rig? A strip mall? This state isn't exactly overflowing with iconic locations/landmarks (e.g. Golden Gate bridge, Pacific ocean/beach, Hollywood sign, Yosemite/Sierra Nevadas, etc.).
Please. As a Californian, I have to insist that IN-N-OUT had plenty of other options. They could've gone with the Dallas skyline, NASA, beaches of South Padre Island, Cowboys Stadium, Austin/hills...

Pacific Ocean? Beaches? That isn't UNIQUE to California.

The cowboy s*** is outdated, tired and DEFINITELY not unique to Texas. Nor is a desert landscape. By that standard, all their California shirts should have a spanish mission, Death Valley and a toothless gold prospector sifting water and dirt next to a creek in 1849. LOL

Last edited by TowerGuy; 05-28-2011 at 12:39 AM..

Old 05-28-2011, 02:45 AM

1,621 posts, read 4,573,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGuy View Post
Please. As a Californian, I have to insist that IN-N-OUT had plenty of other options. They could've gone with the Dallas skyline, NASA, beaches of South Padre Island, Cowboys Stadium, Austin/hills...

Pacific Ocean? Beaches? That isn't UNIQUE to California.

The cowboy s*** is outdated, tired and DEFINITELY not unique to Texas. Nor is a desert landscape. By that standard, all their California shirts should have a spanish mission, Death Valley and a toothless gold prospector sifting water and dirt next to a creek in 1849. LOL

I can only guess that those images were because Allen and Frisco have nothing special about them to put onto a shirt. Perhaps when the first location in Dallas proper opens, we'll see the Dallas skyline or something.

They should have saved the Western stuff for Ft. Worth though--it's much more fitting of the city's image.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:57 AM

1,631 posts, read 4,205,363 times
I think they change the shirts every year.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:52 AM

137 posts, read 326,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
I think they change the shirts every year.
They create a new shirt every year and in the past it was one design to be sold company-wide. Typically its a nostalgic image featuring classic cars at an In n Out restaurant. On the chest would be the In n Out logo and a script, "Southern California" or "Quality You Can Taste." When they started opening in Las Vegas and Arizona, the script was changed to be location specific, "Las Vegas" "Arizona" but the artwork on the back was the same.

Many of the older shirts and other designs can be found at their company stores and also online.

I was surprised to see the Texas artwork and wonder if its company-wide or just for Texas. (probably the latter) As others have mentioned, western scenes arent really unique to Texas. Maybe a graphic of Rick Perry's hair would have been more unique to Texas.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:12 AM

137 posts, read 326,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute Mom View Post
.... i think people just totally hype it up and it's more of a fad (if food can be a fad.) i am not saying we won't ever go back, but it was nothing to write home about! i'm ready for the backlash.....
Its definitely a fad! One that has done nothing but grow in popularity for sixty years. lol

Ive been to the Frisco location three times since it opened and plan to return today. I returned from Europe on Sunday evening and drove to Frisco immediately after work on Monday evening.

The line moves very fast. The product has not changed since I first enjoyed it back in the 80's in Southern California.

Im amazed at their ability to maintain consistent quality standards. Served in a tray, The burger is carefully wrapped in a 'diaper' and bag. The napkin is draped over the fries to help keep them warm and a salt packet placed on the napkin. Its served that way every time. The apparent detail with which they assemble the final product shows respect for the food and the quality.

On my last visit I watched a trainer explain to a newbie how to keep the floor clean with the dustpan and broom. It looked almost as if the kid couldnt believe he was sweeping floors! (says something about our culture) The trainer explained with meticulous detail, why its important to keep it clean as he scanned the area.

Its those little things that say so much about their focus and how important quality is. I guess thats what has made it such a fad for so long. lol

Old 05-28-2011, 11:46 AM

1,103 posts, read 1,646,236 times
Well, got my first in and out ever yesterday. Went to the one in Allen. Went inside and only had to wait 5 mins in line. The place is very well run and efficent.

I was not impressed at all. I got a double double. In my opinion it was kind of bland. Not bad, but not great either.
I didnt like their fries at all.
Had a shake, and it was very good.
Went with a friend that shared the same opinion. I took home one to my wife who had it before in CA. She said it wasn't as good as she remembered.
Since I don't like the fries, I probably want give it another try. Since I would have to get the burger and go elsewhere for fries.
For fast food it was okay, but steak and shake burgers are better. I don't like their fries either.
I tride a JC Burger house awhile back. It had a good burger and great fries for a good price.
I know some people wil not like this review, but I can only post what I experienced.

Old 05-28-2011, 01:06 PM

7 posts, read 19,190 times
I concurred the long line of hundreds of people and it was amazing !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas