Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 04:11 PM

137 posts, read 328,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofsouth View Post

Also In-N-Out is run by Mormons and they are quite a bit different from other Christian Sects.
This is simply incorrect. According to "In n Out Burger" by Stacy Perman, Rich Snyder, son of the founders, was a born again Christian. It was during Rich's tenure running the company that he made the decision to add the bible verse references to the packaging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by su6oxone View Post
Here's an article I just read on Yahoo about Five Guys and its 'cult' following. Whatever! There's no cult following that I know of, not like In N Out, not even close. When I lived in Baltimore a Five Guys opened up near my place and it closed up shop in fewer than 4 months. Never saw more than 10 people in there at a time, usually less than half a dozen (when I would drive by, although I admit I did go there a few times). Yeah, that's a cult following for sure...

five-guys-eating-burgers-street: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance
It will be very interesting to see how the burger war plays out in Las Colinas, where In-n-Out is building right across the street from Five Guys at MacArthur and Royal.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:41 PM

124 posts, read 259,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdflyer View Post
This is simply incorrect. According to "In n Out Burger" by Stacy Perman, Rich Snyder, son of the founders, was a born again Christian. It was during Rich's tenure running the company that he made the decision to add the bible verse references to the packaging.
OK, but Mormons consider themselves "Born Again" just like every other Protestant Sect, they just add the Book of Mormon as well as Doctrine and Covenants into the mix. All Christian Sects are "Born Again", just as all are "Evangelical", since those are essential tenets of the Christian Faith.

It may be that the family is from a traditional Protestant Faith (Baptist, Methodist, et al) and that the entire Mormon angle is an Urban Myth. Still Sunday is NOT the Sabbath and that was the primary purpose of my previous post.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
OK, but Mormons consider themselves "Born Again" just like every other Protestant Sect, they just add the Book of Mormon as well as Doctrine and Covenants into the mix. All Christian Sects are "Born Again", just as all are "Evangelical", since those are essential tenets of the Christian Faith.

It may be that the family is from a traditional Protestant Faith (Baptist, Methodist, et al) and that the entire Mormon angle is an Urban Myth. Still Sunday is NOT the Sabbath and that was the primary purpose of my previous post.
I think the fundamental "born agains" would have a big problem with the Mormons being lumped in with them.

BAck on topic, I dont think the In n Out Mormon angle can even be urban myth. Ive followed In n Out for about 20 years and I have never heard it. Its well documented in Perman's book that co-founder Esther Snyder was raised as a Free Methodist and always had "deep abiding faith." Her husband Harry, "did not feel much need for organized religion. As Harry's cancer progressed, he became more religious."

Rich Snyder was heavily involved in Calvary Chapel, a so-called mega church in Orange County, California. Although as Esther aged, she continued to live in Baldwin Park, she drove to Orange County to go to church at Calvary Chapel.

That focus on religion was handed down to the granddaughter and only heir, Lynsi. Perhaps thats why now, many years after Rich's death, the company still includes the bible verses on the packaging.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:06 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,271,907 times
Quote:

Also In-N-Out is run by Mormons and they are quite a bit different from other Christian Sects.
I thought In n Out were born agains and it was Chick Fil A's founders/management that were Mormons.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:32 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,287,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I thought In n Out were born agains and it was Chick Fil A's founders/management that were Mormons.
I don't know anything about the INO people, but the Chick Fil A founder is a devout Southern Baptist. Definitely not Mormon.

From a Forbes article about CFA:
"Chick-fil-A is run by Cathy and his sons Dan T., chief operating officer, and Donald (a.k.a. Bubba), a senior vice president. They screen prospective operators for their loyalty, wholesome values and willingness to buy into Chick-fil-A's in-your-face Christian credo, espoused often by Cathy, an evangelical Southern Baptist who says "the Lord has never spoken to me, but I feel Chick-fil-A has been His gift.""

Old 06-09-2011, 08:53 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,271,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
I don't know anything about the INO people, but the Chick Fil A founder is a devout Southern Baptist. Definitely not Mormon.

From a Forbes article about CFA:
"Chick-fil-A is run by Cathy and his sons Dan T., chief operating officer, and Donald (a.k.a. Bubba), a senior vice president. They screen prospective operators for their loyalty, wholesome values and willingness to buy into Chick-fil-A's in-your-face Christian credo, espoused often by Cathy, an evangelical Southern Baptist who says "the Lord has never spoken to me, but I feel Chick-fil-A has been His gift.""
Yikes.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:17 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,864,372 times
Went to In-N-Out yesterday at lunch and the 4 of us walked in and right up to the counter and places our order. Had our food ready in no time.

Oh, that's right. It was the location in

Burbank .

Old 06-10-2011, 12:09 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,972 times
Im sure it was just as good as the DFW ones!

Old 06-10-2011, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Went to In-N-Out yesterday at lunch and the 4 of us walked in and right up to the counter and places our order. Had our food ready in no time.

Oh, that's right. It was the location in

Burbank .
LOL! love that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas