Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2011, 05:29 PM

137 posts, read 328,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
Ate there yesterday for the first time since leaving California. Said it before and Ill say it again, as far as quality goes its kind of the purgatory of hamburgers, but the value for the money is really good.

This article sums it up perfectly:

Does In-N-Out Beat Other Burgers? | NBC Dallas-Fort Worth

In n Out is much better than Wendys, McDonalds, Burger King, Jack in the Crack, and Whataburger (I know thats blasphemy in Texas), but its no where near Burger Island, Fatburger, Kincaids, Dels, or many of the other many burger joints that are local and not fast food.
Id like to hear your definition of quality or specifically where In n Out falls short. There is absolutely no way anyone can say an In-n-Out burger is poor quality. Their quality is what has made them successful. Yes, I can understand it not meeting someone's taste preferences, but from a quality standpoint, the are right on.

For every article that rates In n Out low, there is another that rates them at the top. Its all about the preferences of the author and those participating in the taste test.

Last edited by sdflyer; 08-13-2011 at 05:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 07:00 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,055,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
You better be married to a cardiologist.
I have a high metabolism and I don't eat fast food all that often, maybe once a week. Last time I checked my blood pressure, it was 120 / 85, which isn't great but nothing to be too concerned about. It's just how my body works, which is great for being healthy but costly for buying food.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:45 AM

237 posts, read 499,133 times
Quote:
I'm not sure the origins of the InO secret menu and not sure why it is so secret but it allows for some nice customization.
The "secret" menu is hardly secret, considering:
A) everybody knows about it
B) I&O advertises it on their own website.
It's funny as hell to see all the poseurs placing their "secret" orders at the counter as if they are in on some inside joke or something...

Also, people need to remember that a double-double is still only 1/4 lb of meat, exactly the same as a standard single-patty Whataburger. A double-double isn't really that big. I'm 6-1, 175 and put away a 3x3 the last time I was there with no problem at all. I also run alot and my nickname is "skinny b***h", so all the portion-control nazis can kiss my quadruple flying dutchman...

Old 08-15-2011, 09:48 AM

871 posts, read 2,688,928 times
Several people have asked about how busy INO's are around here now. I submit to you that Allen's location is still very busy.

Went there last Saturday night at 11:30pm. Drive-Thru had ten or more cars, but the dine-in was where it was busy. There was a line of about 5 people/parties and every table was filled up. We had to sit on one of the few stools available. We assumed that Sat at 11:30pm in Allen it would be a Ghosttown. Boy were we wrong!

Old 08-15-2011, 09:53 AM

871 posts, read 2,688,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
What is the reasoning behind this secret menu?
Here's the thing about the secret menu: it's all in fun. You don't need the "Secret menu" to know all of the customization options. Just order the burger as you want it. The only thing you'd need to know that you couldn't figure out yourself is "animal style" or simply wanting a "mustard fried patty" (one aspect of animal style). The other things are more or less patties, more or less cheese, lettuce bun, extra spread, how you want onions, toasting your bun longer, and other customization options.

The secret menu, besides animal style, is a system of nomenclature they have come up with for certain things. If you know the terms like "extra toast" or "3 x 1," it simply speeds up ordering, but it isn't a requirement. You can order a "double-double with 2 extra patties and toast the bun a bit longer," but if you know the secret menu you just say "4 x 2, extra toast." Hope that makes sense...

Old 08-15-2011, 09:57 AM

2,182 posts, read 5,435,954 times
I'm not going to make a new thread about this but I went to JC Burger in Addison and it was terrible.......so bland, ugh. I spent $17 on 2 burgers and some fries and a drink. Never again.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:59 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdflyer View Post
Id like to hear your definition of quality or specifically where In n Out falls short. There is absolutely no way anyone can say an In-n-Out burger is poor quality. Their quality is what has made them successful. Yes, I can understand it not meeting someone's taste preferences, but from a quality standpoint, the are right on.

For every article that rates In n Out low, there is another that rates them at the top. Its all about the preferences of the author and those participating in the taste test.
The article didnt rank them low. It said (and I share the opinion) that In n Out is the best fast food burger. But there are many other options in the Metroplex that are not drive throughs that make better burgers. Burger Island, Dels, Kincaids, Twisted Root, etc.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:24 AM

1,631 posts, read 4,223,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzro View Post
The "secret" menu is hardly secret, considering:
A) everybody knows about it
B) I&O advertises it on their own website.
It's funny as hell to see all the poseurs placing their "secret" orders at the counter as if they are in on some inside joke or something...

Also, people need to remember that a double-double is still only 1/4 lb of meat, exactly the same as a standard single-patty Whataburger. A double-double isn't really that big. I'm 6-1, 175 and put away a 3x3 the last time I was there with no problem at all. I also run alot and my nickname is "skinny b***h", so all the portion-control nazis can kiss my quadruple flying dutchman...
Well, Skinny *****... DUH! But you neglected to mention that there are some items that are not even on their published "secret" menu. I was implying, but failed to word it properly, that I wasn't sure why it was so "secret" when it is out there. I do recall the pre-internet days, and even some time when 56k was all the rage, that they did not have the "secret" menu published. It was a fun thing and allowed for some interaction between customers who would share their favorite customization with each other.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:20 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
I didn't know about the item on the secret menu pre-internet, other than the animal style burger my brother liked to order.

I always have and still do prefer the classic burger.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:48 AM

237 posts, read 499,133 times
Quote:
Well, Skinny *****... DUH!
Yikes, sorry! No hard feelings! My post wasn't really directed at you, I just quoted it to make a general point about how some people go overboard thinking that they are part of a secret society because they know how to special-order a fast food burger when everyone else already knows the drill.

Cheers mate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas