Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2012, 08:45 AM

178 posts, read 398,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
XL diet coke? Really? I'll chalk it up to 'Merrica! And the cup not fitting in your cup holder? I want to call that a first world problem, but I think it's just a U.S. problem. I find Braums to be far greasier than In n Out, but that is just me.
i honestly question the mental health of people on this board when they get all bent out of shape over honest, negative reviews of things that they like
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 05:32 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,223,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Fred Norris View Post
i honestly question the mental health of people on this board when they get all bent out of shape over honest, negative reviews of things that they like
I don't care if you don't like it but whining about the XL cup not fitting in your cup holder, and then specifying that the drink in it is diet coke... well that makes you sound a bit ridiculous. I find it funny and I'd make that comment if you were talking about any fast food restaurant. Have you ever been to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_is_why_you're_fat

It is similar to the old joke about ordering a supersize meal with a diet coke. WTF is the point?

Your review made some legitimate points about not liking the fries and your perception of a greasy burger. That is perfectly fine and an appropriate criticism. I merely inserted my observation that Braum's is greasier than In n Out. I've only had Braum's twice in my life and in n out hundreds, so... maybe I'm wrong?

Old 07-03-2012, 08:24 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
Just because you're eating at a hamburger joint doesn't mean you need to add an extra 300 calories of sugar water to your meal.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:40 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,813,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Just because you're eating at a hamburger joint doesn't mean you need to add an extra 300 calories of sugar water to your meal.
I have heard that some people actually prefer diet coke for the taste. I have a friend that, in his office, has a drawer in one of his sofa tables, loaded with all sorts of candy, yet he prefers diet coke. Regular coke is too sweet for him.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:15 PM

871 posts, read 2,688,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
I have heard that some people actually prefer diet coke for the taste. I have a friend that, in his office, has a drawer in one of his sofa tables, loaded with all sorts of candy, yet he prefers diet coke. Regular coke is too sweet for him.
I just don't understand why people cling to Diet Coke when Coke Zero exists.

You see, Diet Coke is the diet version of "New Coke." That's why Diet Coke doesn't even taste like Coke with artificial sweeteners. New Coke died a quick death, but the diet version of it lives on.

Coke Zero, on the other hand, is finally "Classic Coke" but in a diet version.

IMHO, Coke Zero >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Diet Coke.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:20 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
I like Diet Coke better. But Coke Zero is a nice change once in a while.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:21 PM

7,887 posts, read 11,401,514 times
Diet Coke is much better than Coke Zero which tastes too sweet! Of course my wife, who loves super sweet tastes agrees with you which unfortunately makes you wrong!

Old 07-03-2012, 01:24 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,813,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post
I just don't understand why people cling to Diet Coke when Coke Zero exists.

You see, Diet Coke is the diet version of "New Coke." That's why Diet Coke doesn't even taste like Coke with artificial sweeteners. New Coke died a quick death, but the diet version of it lives on.

Coke Zero, on the other hand, is finally "Classic Coke" but in a diet version.

IMHO, Coke Zero >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Diet Coke.
I am not the one to be asked this, as I have no dog in this hunt, but evidently, from subsequent posts, people like it better. Regular coke is too sweet for them, so getting the diet version that is just as sweet (i guess you are saying that is Coke Zero) would still be too sweet. So they opt for the less sweet taste of Diet Coke.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:25 PM

871 posts, read 2,688,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Diet Coke is much better than Coke Zero which tastes too sweet! Of course my wife, who loves super sweet tastes agrees with you which unfortunately makes you wrong!
LOL. My point was only that if you love coke, but want to switch to diet, the diet version of Coke (Coca-Cola Classic) is Coke Zero, not Diet Coke.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:43 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
I don't see why people get so riled up by people having a crappy fast food meal with a Diet Coke, but don't bat an eyelash if that same person orders water or unsweet tea.

Maybe they prefer to eat their calories rather than drinking them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas