Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2011, 02:53 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,817,220 times

Advertisements

I could post about Kip's in the "Remember these" thread. Kip's was kind of like a cross between Denny's and Steak N Shake. THey had location in North Park Mall. EZ's took over their location at Northwest HWY and Hillcrest. Natinwide they had different names under the Big Boy banner. Kip's, Vip's (Albuquerque) Shoney's (OK) Bob's (somewhere).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 02:59 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,614,065 times
Man I did love their "Half-o-pound-o-ground round" platter, with a hot fudge sundae served in a chilled metal dish afterwards. Drive out on that was around a buck fifty back when it was a favorite spot to take a date.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:32 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,224,810 times
I'm snapping my fingers but because it is the internet you cannot see or hear it. IN N OUT PEOPLE! Let us stay on topic please. I love reminiscing, but we need to keep on topic please.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:34 PM

869 posts, read 2,954,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pljn1 View Post
Ok that makes me feel a bit better about the sauce. Thanks for the response. Sorry if my tone came off kilter there, didnt mean to come off that way. I had a co-worker who used to live out west and loves fries and she was not thrilled with them. She said they got cold quick and were soggy and the burgers were OK. I'm more of an onion ring person anyway, so fries are not that big deal for me.
get yourself a double double animal style mustard instead...

replaces the sauce with mustard and is actually pretty darn good...I had tried in n out a few times before I learned this, and was ready to write the place off as the most over-hyped place ever...and, as you have already been told, they will pretty much do whatever you want to the thing (you just have to remember to ask)....

the thing that has impressed me most about the in-n-outs that I've been to are that they are always clean and the staff seems to actually enjoy their jobs...

Old 03-25-2011, 10:30 PM

554 posts, read 1,196,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I hate thousand island dressing on salad but do enjoy it on hamburgers. I got the taste for it from in'n'out and the cafe I used to work in in college. What I despise on burgers is mustard! I feel it covers up rather than enhances the nice beefy flavor.
100% agree with you, Debsi. I tried to give you rep points but I guess I gave you some too recently. LOL. Anyway, people don't seem to realize that a little bit of mustard goes a long way. It is potent stuff. Some people like to spread it like it is mayo or ketchup...why? To each his own. For the people that enjoy that much mustard Whataburger is definitely their place. IN-N-OUT's spread is awesome and I would like to know what all is in it. People say it is simply thousand island but the company insists that there is a difference. I can taste it and would definitely like to know what is added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Imho, In-n-Out could open a location here in BFE with not a single house or business around for miles and they would do just fine and have lines all the time until the end of time.
Absolutely correct MOM...as usual. I have seen IN-N-OUT locations in California in the middle of the desert (Barstow, CA location) and they ALWAYS have a line.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:06 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,817,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
I'm snapping my fingers but because it is the internet you cannot see or hear it. IN N OUT PEOPLE! Let us stay on topic please. I love reminiscing, but we need to keep on topic please.
Hey, cut it out thread nazi, we are comparing the secret sauces, you know, the 1000 island that is put on In n Out Burgers. Don't styfle the conversation.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:47 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
You CAN ask for your burger without the special dressing and get it with mustard or ketchup. I actually LIKE the sauce, it's yummy.

What about the fries? They are cut fresh just before they are cooked. What did someone warn you about concerning them? That they are hot?

In-n-Out is NOT Krispy Kreme. Far cry. Imho, In-n-Out could open a location here in BFE with not a single house or business around for miles and they would do just fine and have lines all the time until the end of time.
Maybe in Cali. Not in Texas. But you're right, that special sauce is optional. They have the usual ketchup and mustard if you want some.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:13 AM

1,631 posts, read 4,224,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Hey, cut it out thread nazi, we are comparing the secret sauces, you know, the 1000 island that is put on In n Out Burgers. Don't styfle the conversation.
Not you, just the folks talking about some ground round platter and ice cream sundae's.

Anyhoo.... The last in n out we stopped at when we moved from CA to TX was in Thousand Palms, CA. it is in BFE Riverside Co. with a population of maybe 6000 peoplehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thousand_Palms

The place was packed at 10:30 am!!!

Old 03-26-2011, 07:52 AM

554 posts, read 1,196,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Maybe in Cali. Not in Texas. But you're right, that special sauce is optional. They have the usual ketchup and mustard if you want some.
Well, now wait. You can't say that yet. IN-N-OUT's track record says otherwise. They aren't here yet so there is no way to know that a location in BFN definitely wouldn't do well. Locations in BFN, Arizona and BFN, Nevada do well. Both states only have a hand full of branches. Shoot, within the next year the Dallas Metroplex alone, will most likely have more IN-N-OUT locations than the entire state of Nevada does now. We'll see. With FRESH ingredients and made to order burgers I believe they will be welcomed with open arms.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:01 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGuy View Post
Well, now wait. You can't say that yet. IN-N-OUT's track record says otherwise. They aren't here yet so there is no way to know that a location in BFN definitely wouldn't do well. Locations in BFN, Arizona and BFN, Nevada do well. Both states only have a hand full of branches. Shoot, within the next year the Dallas Metroplex alone, will most likely have more IN-N-OUT locations than the entire state of Nevada does now. We'll see. With FRESH ingredients and made to order burgers I believe they will be welcomed with open arms.
I just think Texas has other good burger places (like Whataburger). It isn't the home of In-N-Out like the West Coast. I think the novelty will wear down and it'll be like the other burge places. We'll see. The transplants from the West Coast help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas