Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2011, 09:20 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,463,107 times

Advertisements

who cares where a restaurant originated. Does it matter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 09:53 AM

1,201 posts, read 4,539,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
I already knew that, but DQ might as well be headquartered in Texas they have more franchises here than any other state including the one they're headquartered in.
I've seen ONE DQ in the last year in North Texas. Pretty sure the bulk of them have shut down and they now reside on east and west Texas. I could be wrong though, but seriously, the only one I've seen in NTexas is in Azle.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:10 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,864,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
I've seen ONE DQ in the last year in North Texas. Pretty sure the bulk of them have shut down and they now reside on east and west Texas. I could be wrong though, but seriously, the only one I've seen in NTexas is in Azle.
More than you may realize. Just a few in the area:
Plano on Ave K just south of Park
Garland on First at Miller
Broadway at I-30
Plano Rd at Buckingham
Carrollton on Rosemeade just west of Marsh Ln
Farmers Branch on Valwood just east of I-35
McKinney
Frisco
Lewisville

There are actually a few around. Just in spots that are not as populated and heavily traveled by some. Store/Restaurant Locations - Dairy Queen

Old 03-30-2011, 10:46 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,949,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
I want to know how many in n out naysayers eat at McDonalds or Taco Bell or Jack in the Box or Carl's Jr.? Those all started in CA.
Why does it matter where they started?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGuy View Post
LOL Right! Especially some of these territorial Texans who are defending "Texas treasures" like Dairy Queen, Whataburger, Sonic and Braums.

Should we tell them that only one of those was actually founded and is headquartered in Texas and the others are from Oklahoma and Illinois???

It is also amazing to see the IN-N-OUT haters, who supposedly couldn't care less, take the time out of their day to fulfill their emotional need to post negative comments on the In-N-Out thread.

Honestly, calm down and simmer down. In-N-Out is not coming here with the goal of putting your favorite burger joint out of business. Calm. Down. Relax.
I'm pretty sure "they" already knew that. And still, why does it matter where the company started or where they are HQ'ed? DQ is HQ'ed in Illinois, for example, but Texas is the only state with its own division. If anything, DQ's HQ should be in Texas, but they are keeping it where they started.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:05 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,983,112 times
I pass by at least 5 DQ's on my way to Dallas from Tyler. Hell we've got 8 locations in Tyler alone...2 of those are brand new. DQ is aggressively building new stores & remodeling their old ones.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:20 AM

1,201 posts, read 4,539,997 times
Quote:
I pass by at least 5 DQ's on my way to Dallas from Tyler. Hell we've got 8 locations in Tyler alone...2 of those are brand new. DQ is aggressively building new stores & remodeling their old ones.
You just proved my point. There not very prevalent in the North Texas area anymore, but East Texas, sure why not.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:34 AM

34 posts, read 171,887 times
Saw and In and Out Burger on 75 while I was in town ... wanna say it was near McKinney/Fairview. Looks like it's finally arrived for all of your Californians.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:41 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,949,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
You just proved my point. There not very prevalent in the North Texas area anymore, but East Texas, sure why not.
They are still all over North Texas. DQ is obviously more prevalent in smaller towns across Texas, but there are still plenty in the major metropolitan areas.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:21 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,983,112 times
Nothing can touch their Blizzards.

The burgers aren't half bad either & are an excellent value. At least its real beef unlike McDonalds.

LOL @ DQ being limited to smalls towns & rural areas.

There are DQ's all over California too.

Their website lists 25 in the Greater LA area alone & 11 in the Bay Area.

Nice try though Jaime.

Last edited by Metro Matt; 03-30-2011 at 12:37 PM..

Old 03-30-2011, 12:39 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,373,658 times
Quote:
That's because Tyler is DQ COUNTRY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas