Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2011, 06:41 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,863,786 times

Advertisements

With In-N-Outs strong Christian morals & values it makes one wonder how they ever survived in the ultra liberal land that is California all these years & didn't head for the Lone Star State any sooner.

I guess when you have good food all politics are swept aside?

Chick Fil-A is the same way.

Surprising though the left wing nut jobs over there didn't set the amount of cows they could slaughter or protest the bible verses being written on the packaging & cups.

Last edited by Metro Matt; 03-30-2011 at 06:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 07:30 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,205,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Why does it matter where they started?

It matters because all the anti California/Californian comments related to in n out. It seems that people are making comments based on that and never having eaten at in n out. My point is that a lot of these other successful fast food joints with inferior food are doing just fine in TX and elsewhere. Why wouldn't in n out? In n Out does just fine in UT, NV, and AZ and it'll be fine here. I'm just a little annoyed with the "jump to conclusions mat" and "anti in n out because it is from CA" jibba jabba.

p.s. it looks like my meat it murder comment was deleted. boo! lol hi jacking? not my comments...

Old 03-30-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
It matters because all the anti California/Californian comments related to in n out. It seems that people are making comments based on that and never having eaten at in n out. My point is that a lot of these other successful fast food joints with inferior food are doing just fine in TX and elsewhere. Why wouldn't in n out? In n Out does just fine in UT, NV, and AZ and it'll be fine here. I'm just a little annoyed with the "jump to conclusions mat" and "anti in n out because it is from CA" jibba jabba.

p.s. it looks like my meat it murder comment was deleted. boo! lol hi jacking? not my comments...
I could live with or without an In-N-Out in Texas. It matters not to me. I've had way better burgers in my lifetime. Our beef in Texas is second to none no pun intended.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:55 PM

554 posts, read 1,191,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
With In-N-Outs strong Christian morals & values it makes one wonder how they ever survived in the ultra liberal land that is California all these years & didn't head for the Lone Star State any sooner.

Surprising though the left wing nut jobs over there didn't set the amount of cows they could slaughter or protest the bible verses being written on the packaging & cups.
Please DO NOT politicize this thread. So, because I am on the left and have liberal views, I am a nut job? That was offensive and uncalled for. Why name call?

Quote:
I could live with or without an In-N-Out in Texas. It matters not to me. I've had way better burgers in my lifetime. Our beef in Texas is second to none no pun intended.
Well, okay then. You've said your piece. We got it. You can move on now.

FYI, IN-N-OUT will be using Texas beef from Caviness Beef Packers in Hereford, Texas. It's a good idea to research a topic if your going to discuss it.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:00 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,205,702 times
Quote:
That is fine and good. I've been fine the last year of being here without in n out. It is just a burger at the end of the day. And they will be using TX beef, as someone mentioned earlier. I honestly can't taste a difference but hey, whatever. I'm just saying that all these other chains that make burgers (most not using even all beef, let alone TX beef) no one seems to have an issue with where they're from. There is some issue with in n out being from CA. I'm not sure I understand. "oh no! The Californians will have a taste of home! The end is near!" That is the impression I get and it is about as silly as the Olive Garden commercials where uncle Sal comes to visit from Italy and they go eat at Olive Garden for a 'taste of home'.

Anyways... I'm still excited for in n out.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGuy View Post
Please DO NOT politicize this thread. So, because I am on the left and have liberal views, I am a nut job? That was offensive and uncalled for. Why name call?

Well, okay then. You've said your piece. We got it. You can move on now.

FYI, IN-N-OUT will be using Texas beef from Caviness Beef Packers in Hereford, Texas. It's a good idea to research a topic if your going to discuss it.
I was simply questioning why its ok for those bible verses to be openly printed on In-N-Out's label in an ultra liberal state like California when other Christian centered restaurants such as Chick-Fila for example get reamed by the left for not believing in gay marriage, & being closed on Sundays & other Christian holidays?

Is that so hard to answer in your own educated opinion?

I thought liberals were totally against that kinda stuff?

Old 03-30-2011, 08:43 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,463,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffari-al-texani View Post
now if they could just get an Original Tommy's out here...
Be still my heart. Have not had an In n Out or a Tommy's burger (drool drool) for a long time. Tommy's in the early to mid 70s.

Quote:
I was simply questioning why its ok for those bible verses to be openly printed on In-N-Out's label in an ultra liberal state like California when other Christian centered restaurants such as Chick-Fila for example get reamed by the left for not believing in gay marriage, not being open on Sundays & other Christian holidays?

Oh geez. "Ultra liberal state"? LOL~ Chick-Fila is xian centered? Is the grease holier than say, Burger King? That BK guy does look kinda creepy. LOL! Oh my god. It's a burger joint, people. Relax!

Old 03-30-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Be still my heart. Have not had an In n Out or a Tommy's burger (drool drool) for a long time. Tommy's in the early to mid 70s.

Oh geez. "Ultra liberal state"? LOL~ Chick-Fila is xian centered? Is the grease holier than say, Burger King? That BK guy does look kinda creepy. LOL! Oh my god. It's a burger joint, people. Relax!
Yeah they recycle it & anoint the sick at church on Sundays with the left overs.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:58 PM

137 posts, read 326,544 times
Quote:

I really dont understand why anyone would try to move this thread into a political arena, especially with comments that by their nature would spawn argument.

As a matter of fact, there was a backlash against the bible verses on the packaging but the company stood strong on their position. I dont agree with their use of these messages but I applaud them for holding strong on their values.

And yes, politics and religious differences can be pushed aside by good food....and should also have been avoided here.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:05 PM

137 posts, read 326,544 times
Quote:
I was simply questioning why its ok for those bible verses to be openly printed on In-N-Out's label in an ultra liberal state like California when other Christian centered restaurants such as Chick-Fila for example get reamed by the left for not believing in gay marriage, & being closed on Sundays & other Christian holidays?

I kinda think you will have to look elsewhere for an answer to these questions. Maybe you could start a thread which would focus on the topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas