Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 12:41 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,223,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I've never really understood what people think is go great about an In n' Out hamburger.

It may be served in a 50ish atmosphere, and comes in a cute little cardboard tray, but the burgers are dry and the fries tasteless and limp.

I'll still take good ol' Texas Whataburger any day of the week!
I'm yawning right now. Read the rest of the thread. You're basically beating an already deceased horse. We get it, you're anti In n Out, Pro TX, 'Murrica all the way! etc...

But hey, most of us posting in this thread don't care to read these sort of comments because we like In n Out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 03:13 PM

554 posts, read 1,196,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
I'm yawning right now. Read the rest of the thread. You're basically beating an already deceased horse. We get it, you're anti In n Out, Pro TX, 'Murrica all the way! etc...

But hey, most of us posting in this thread don't care to read these sort of comments because we like In n Out.
Well said! Too bad I couldn't give you more reps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
Look a couple of pages back. It's about as done as it's going to get. I would expect TowerGuy's next pics will be of the line of people camped out black friday style, waiting for the place to open.
Precisely!

Old 04-23-2011, 06:33 PM

137 posts, read 328,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Before the grandkids inherited the chain, it was under control and very limited as we know. Let's hope the same quality remains. We don't have any coming to AR but we visit Texas often enough to get our fix I hope.

NIta
There is only one grandchild to the founders, Lynsi and she was too young to assume control at the time of her grandmother, Esther Snyder's death. I think Lynsi is in her early 30's now. As the sole heiress, control of the company has been given to her in steps.

Esther outlived her husband and both of their sons. For many years prior to her death, she was unable to be 100% active in running the company. They have been very lucky to have people they trust continue with the interest of maintaining the same quality and controlled growth they have experienced over the years.

Expanding to Texas is a huge step and perhaps the biggest single step they've taken in company history. Its a completely new market with a new distribution center and large number of openings planned for a short period of time.

On the other hand, geographically, the Texas region represents a beautiful opportunity for growth within their 500 mile service radius. On top of that, Im guessing real estate is a bargain compared to California.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:19 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,223,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGuy View Post
Well said! Too bad I couldn't give you more reps.

Precisely!
BTW - if for some weird reason we meet at the Frisco location and realize who we are from this forum, fries are on me as a thank you for the pics of the construction progress.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:04 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdflyer View Post
There is only one grandchild to the founders, Lynsi and she was too young to assume control at the time of her grandmother, Esther Snyder's death. I think Lynsi is in her early 30's now. As the sole heiress, control of the company has been given to her in steps.

Esther outlived her husband and both of their sons. For many years prior to her death, she was unable to be 100% active in running the company. They have been very lucky to have people they trust continue with the interest of maintaining the same quality and controlled growth they have experienced over the years.

Expanding to Texas is a huge step and perhaps the biggest single step they've taken in company history. Its a completely new market with a new distribution center and large number of openings planned for a short period of time.

On the other hand, geographically, the Texas region represents a beautiful opportunity for growth within their 500 mile service radius. On top of that, Im guessing real estate is a bargain compared to California.
I should have said "grandchild" the wider spread expansion has come since she did take some control and the the question of too much expansion is a concern of those close to the company. I am not saying it is happening or it is a bad thing: I am thrilled to see INandOut move to Texas. My comments were simply repeating some concerns. I didn't mean to indicate it is a bad thing. As for property, of course land is less expensive in Texas, not to mention there really aren't too many places in Ca to add INandOuts.

Nita

Old 04-24-2011, 09:45 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,011,721 times
Originally Posted by momof2dfw
I think they are all already starting a line at the Frisco and Allen In-n-Out locations.

I was by the Allen location on Monday w/ the 12 year old. She HAD to take a picture of it and put it on her FB. When we got home later and 16 y/o saw it she was TICKED! She thought we went without her. LOL!!! Had to tell her it's not open yet. LOL!

Quote:
out of curiosity, weren't you the one that said In&Out was not coming to Texas just about a year ago?

NIta

CAPLOCK mom talks about a lot of things they don't know about.

03-27-2009, 07:44 AM
As for them coming to Texas............ highly doubt it. I didn't see anywhere in that link where In-n-Out said they were coming here at all. When I ran into an exec from their company at a convention I asked him about coming here. His answer, "No". Right now they are barely getting into Utah and there are only a few in Nevada. As much as I like them we do have some very good burger joints here in Dallas that are just as good. The Dairyette and Keller's. YUM!!! Cravin a burger now.

Anyway, you can forget about In-N-Out Burger coming to Dallas much less Texas. It ain't gonna happen. We were working a convention a few years ago here in Dallas and when I saw this guys name tag that said, "In-N-Out" on it I asked him. Nope, nothing will ever be here in Texas. Oh well. Their fries are good but that place is a MADHOUSE at lunchtime.

Then later she claims she has 'inside info' that they are coming. Um yeah, people can read websites too. ROFL! She's trippy

Last edited by Cupcake77; 04-24-2011 at 10:31 AM..

Old 04-24-2011, 01:15 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,512,239 times
Quote:
you are forgetting the difference in price. This is something so few people tak into consideration. Of course IN&Out isn't the same as hamburgers costing $5 to $10, but compared to other "under $2" chains nothing can come close to comparing.

Nita
Yea, I had forgotten that it was a pretty cheap burger. So good on them!

But still nothing more than just a good hamburger, not great.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:09 PM

137 posts, read 328,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
I think they are all already starting a line at the Frisco and Allen In-n-Out locations.

I was by the Allen location on Monday w/ the 12 year old. She HAD to take a picture of it and put it on her FB. When we got home later and 16 y/o saw it she was TICKED! She thought we went without her. LOL!!! Had to tell her it's not open yet. LOL!

As for them coming to Texas............ highly doubt it. I didn't see anywhere in that link where In-n-Out said they were coming here at all. When I ran into an exec from their company at a convention I asked him about coming here. His answer, "No". Right now they are barely getting into Utah and there are only a few in Nevada. As much as I like them we do have some very good burger joints here in Dallas that are just as good. The Dairyette and Keller's. YUM!!! Cravin a burger now.

Anyway, you can forget about In-N-Out Burger coming to Dallas much less Texas. It ain't gonna happen. We were working a convention a few years ago here in Dallas and when I saw this guys name tag that said, "In-N-Out" on it I asked him. Nope, nothing will ever be here in Texas. Oh well. Their fries are good but that place is a MADHOUSE at lunchtime.

Then later she claims she has 'inside info' that they are coming. Um yeah, people can read websites too. ROFL! She's trippy
Its really not necessary to make a personal attack or to question the credibility of something posted over two years ago.

When I moved here in 1995 I had a conversation with Costco in Seattle about expansion plans for Texas. The answer was a firm 'No'. Five years later they were opening in SW Fort Worth. Companies frequently change their growth plans based on a number of factors.

What really counts here is that In-n-Out has now chosen north Texas to grow in a big way.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:51 PM

722 posts, read 2,100,400 times
I could use an update on progress over the Cali vs. Texas comments too.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:44 PM

554 posts, read 1,196,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post

MOM said that over two years ago. Two years is plenty of time for IN-N-OUT to change their growth strategy and for people, like MOM, to meet new people and make new contacts.

Be nice to MOM. She is a sweetie!

Last edited by TowerGuy; 04-25-2011 at 10:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas