Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 10:32 AM

2,348 posts, read 4,816,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS80 View Post
I think its silly how people are almost seem to argue that it's healthier or better. It's still fast food, its still mass produced and heavily processed.

Nothing wrong with the occasional burger now and then.

You would not see this sort of hype over a locally owned restaurant or locally produced food.

I think it shows just how many west coast transplants are in the area. I guess the Trader Joes thread will blow up like this as well.
I am from the east coast and super excited to be visiting the same week it opens, and this makes my eventual move there even better!

Why would any local business get as much buzz as a chain that operates in several states? Not sure I understand your point..

It may be a west coast institution, but people everywhere know about In N Out. And fast food particularly burgers are as American as Apple pie. It's why God gave us Incisors! : )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 10:33 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS80 View Post
I think its silly how people are almost seem to argue that it's healthier or better. It's still fast food, its still mass produced and heavily processed.

Nothing wrong with the occasional burger now and then.

You would not see this sort of hype over a locally owned restaurant or locally produced food.

I think it shows just how many west coast transplants are in the area. I guess the Trader Joes thread will blow up like this as well.
of course it will and I am sure everyone is waiting for news on Trader Dogs

Old 05-11-2011, 10:35 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,812,279 times
Here is a funny comment from the pegasus news story previously linked.

Quote:
All haters........ The burger was that bad then wasted even more time to read the story then posted! It's not a novelty, why were the lines long when you had your first one........ They weren't all first timers either! The people are great, super clean, no one yelling another language, the burgers rock!!
Anonymous

2 hours, 47 minutes ago
Link to this comment | Suggest removal

Old 05-11-2011, 10:35 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,610,944 times
News Update - Frisco: I heard that the line now stretches all the way to Prosper. A small portion of the crowd in line actually passed out from salivating so much (dehydration). But this only impacted maybe 75-80 people.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:42 AM

55 posts, read 116,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
News Update - Frisco: I heard that the line now stretches all the way to Prosper. A small portion of the crowd in line actually passed out from salivating so much (dehydration). But this only impacted maybe 75-80 people.
Prosper??? pics or it didnt happen

Old 05-11-2011, 10:58 AM

1,533 posts, read 7,237,306 times
Read the article and viewed the pics, there were a few people who lets just put it this way, the last thing they needed was a burger and fires. People are just rabid about this place. Californication indeed.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:31 AM

143 posts, read 702,029 times
I just got back from the Allen store.

I have only been to In-N-Out about 7-8 times before and really liked it. I always try and eat there when I am on vacation.

I got there about 10:20 and I would say that there were 70 people on line. It took about almost an hour until I got my food. When I left at 11:30 I counted about 166 people [146 outside, 20 inside] in line. There were a ton of people on the drive thru line which snaked around to where I didn't know where it even started or how many cars were on line.

It had been a few years since I tasted In-N-Out and as I was eating my Double Double I noticed....that something was off.

The meat patties were razor thin and overcooked, IMO. Thinner than a McDonald's hamburger - about the thickness of a White Castle meat patty. I kept thinking to myself, "Was there always such little meat on an In-N-Out burger?"

The fries were good and my vanilla shake was excellent. I had another regular hamburger with the same small patty. I couldn't even taste any meat - it was like a veggie burger with Thousand Island dressing.

This was not the same burger that I remembered. Not only were the burgers not outstanding, they weren't even good.

I'll give them another chance when they open up the Dallas store, but this was a head scratch-er for me. I think a lot of people who will be trying them for the first time will be very disappointed.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:33 AM

1,631 posts, read 4,223,186 times
I drove by it earlier and I can say that I will not be back this evening to pick up dinner. There is no way I'm waiting in that line!! It is also only 5 months since I last had an in n out burger so I can deal.

I totally need a t-shirt, though.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:42 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,529,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
I drove by it earlier and I can say that I will not be back this evening to pick up dinner. There is no way I'm waiting in that line!! It is also only 5 months since I last had an in n out burger so I can deal.

I totally need a t-shirt, though.
I think I am going to go to the Allen one- few miles closer to where I live....although I am still wondering when the dirt will be slung for the Firewheel/Garland one......

Sure hope they have t's left for me.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:01 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,263,571 times
Some of my coworkers are looking over my shoulder and asking me to ask y'all when the Caruth Haven location is going to open? I go by Caruth Haven every day and have never seen anything around there resembling an In N Out...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas