U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 06:59 PM

313 posts, read 1,650,734 times

Advertisements

somewhere there was a thread on here about good steaks..

we went this evening to la hacinda and I was very suprised at how good the steak was! Excellent!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2007, 07:23 PM

3,035 posts, read 13,837,960 times
That's a Mexican joint man...you go there for the Fajitas !

I like the food/atmosphere there...

Old 06-09-2007, 07:34 PM

14,862 posts, read 40,095,513 times
Yep, a mexican food joint. We had a great steak the other night at Kenny's Wood Grill in Addison. OMY! It was melt in your mouth heaven. I had one of the specials that night that was a filet (medium) w/ a demiglaze for the steak w/ a jumbo shrimp on top w/ another sauce drizzled on the top. The sauce and demiglaze were perfection. The flavors complimented the steak w/o taking away or being TOO heavy. Just a great work of art. On the appetizer menu they have Tenderloin Crostini that is so tender. Every one gets a popover which are also heavenly. Grey Goose is served chilled on tap. If your into olives stuffed w/ habenaros they have those.

This is NOT a place for the kiddo's but a fun place for a couple, two couples, girlfriends and even those that are dining single to go. You can eat at the bar or at the bar facing the kitchen if you like. VERY attentive staff but they are in the background. No fear of putting a bite of food in your mouth and the server popping over and asking how things are. They actually NOTICE when your drink glasses get low, plates are cleared and silverware placed in the fashion to signal one is done w/ their meal, etc. In other words you can actually carry on a converstaion and eat your meal w/o having to stop to be interupted by the wait staff. Dress is casual as you see those coming straight from work to nice shorts w/ a pull over polo, etc.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socketz View Post
That's a Mexican joint man...you go there for the Fajitas !

I like the food/atmosphere there...
LOL!

I know brother.. we went in though and while looking at the menu I craved a steak and you know.. it was DAM GOOD! I was impressed actually.. I was a better steak than Texas Land and Cattle IMO

Old 06-09-2007, 09:48 PM

The food is good there and the service is excellent. It's my understanding that La Hacineda Ranch used to be one of the only places to eat in Frisco. Also, someone told me (maybe someone here) that the 121 used to be a red light district. Can you believe it ? It blows me away how fast Texans can turn cotton fields into thriving suburbs...7-10 years is the cycle.

10 years from now the Celina/Pilot Point will be THE spots to live and they will be cracking on you Frisco types calling you yesterday's news ;-)

Old 06-09-2007, 10:04 PM

6,578 posts, read 24,173,669 times
Yeah, I remember April's on Preston Road. Everyone knew what it was and everyone was cool with it.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:07 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,284,883 times
Have the Brazilian steakhouses started popping up there yet? They are just starting to here in Tampa. When the hubby travels to So. America - esp. Argentina - he raves about the steaks and how they are presented.

Old 06-10-2007, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
Yeah, I remember April's on Preston Road. Everyone knew what it was and everyone was cool with it.
What was April's ? Message Parlor ?

Old 06-10-2007, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulf5driver View Post
Have the Brazilian steakhouses started popping up there yet? They are just starting to here in Tampa. When the hubby travels to So. America - esp. Argentina - he raves about the steaks and how they are presented.
Yes. I met the owners of this one (they live near me here in Plano):

Texas de Brazil

They said that TX is doing the best out all the states where they have franchises.

Old 06-10-2007, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socketz View Post
The food is good there and the service is excellent. It's my understanding that La Hacineda Ranch used to be one of the only places to eat in Frisco. Also, someone told me (maybe someone here) that the 121 used to be a red light district. Can you believe it ? It blows me away how fast Texans can turn cotton fields into thriving suburbs...7-10 years is the cycle.

10 years from now the Celina/Pilot Point will be THE spots to live and they will be cracking on you Frisco types calling you yesterday's news ;-)

I love that I'm a "frisco type" already

You are right man, this place is blowing up..

I dont know how long it's been since you been back to the DC metro area but if you saw Clarskburg MD now, you'd be shocked.. it's a little city now..
difference is you need 700k to get a house that is not even that nice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas