U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2010, 02:33 PM

2 posts, read 8,123 times

Advertisements

Hi I am looking for an appartment in Plano, Tx (specifically the west side) and was wondering what my utility bills would look like each month. (Electricity, gas, water)

Any information would be appreciated. I am looking for an appartment that is about 1000sq ft. I am pretty conscious about turning lights off when I leave a room. I do like the AC to be on during the summer, don't really plan on running the heat that much in the winter, will use a fire place in the winter maybe three times a week for an hour or two.

As far as water goes, I do take long showers, and will do my wash 2-3 times a week.

Gas will be through Atmos. Haven't picked a utility provider yet for electric.

Thanks so much for your help!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 10:40 AM

2 posts, read 6,573 times
The best bet is to go to powertochoose.org and compare the rates for your areas. I would suggest Star Tex for the energy, right now its cheap for my area. However, I'm sure you can find something better if you look hard enough. A lot of power companies have hidden fees and charges, make sure to ALWAYS read reviews before signing a contract and know what you're getting into.

For apartment finders, go to apartmentfinder.com and search around.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:44 PM

409 posts, read 943,363 times
I had a 1 bdr 600 sq foot apt in W. Plano last fall. I paid aprox $80 per month for electric (12 cents per kwh). There is no gas in the apt. $5 per month for trash. Cable was included. Water was about $13 per month or $30..I can't remember exactly.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:06 PM

112 posts, read 278,559 times
Electric bill $90-$200/mo, depending on season (no gas heat) I have high ceilings in a 2nd floor apartment. I seem to always have high electricity bills.

Water $25/mo

Old 04-28-2010, 08:15 AM

3,033 posts, read 11,028,507 times
Quote:
don't really plan on running the heat that much in the winter
usually you wont need to run the heat above 65 that much during the winter esp if you are an interior apt.
However, this area does get cold spells that can last a week or so with temps in the 20's. You will need to have the heat on.

If you are an outside unit and top unit you will need the heat on more...don't want those pipes to freeze!

Same for AC...an interior unit less AC. Top floor exposed walls...more AC (especially if we a summer like last year!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas