Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 06:50 PM

307 posts, read 1,097,000 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone had any positive or negative experiences with this store? Most of the furniture wasn't my style, but their selection of mattresses seemed nice. (almost too nice)

Is there a catch with this place that I am missing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 08:15 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,679,222 times
been there; bought an area rug....I offered them less than the ticket and they took it if I promised not to bring it back for a refund. Deal.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:42 PM

307 posts, read 1,097,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
been there; bought an area rug....I offered them less than the ticket and they took it if I promised not to bring it back for a refund. Deal.
Interesting. I did not know the chain stores negotiate.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:10 PM

146 posts, read 437,370 times
We found a great sofa there. It's leather. Really good quality leather piece that has a design we hadn't seen anywhere else. And, we looked a LOT of places. Once it arrived at our home, we saw imperfections that probably only we've noticed. One of the two things we saw was a small chip in the wood along the bottom and one of the delivery guys touched it up and gave us a tube of wood filler/touch up. Still a great guy, less than $1,000. My husband seems to recall it was $700, but I'm thinking it was a bit higher. Anyway, we've been there two or three other times, but didn't buy anything. We love that most of the items are unique/not cookie cutter and there's lots of stuff there you will not necessarily find in stores like Haverty's, Ashley, R2G, etc.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:12 AM

2,987 posts, read 10,131,637 times
I am glad to see people happy with their experiences. Mine was different, they seemed to have low quality, imitations of nice furniture...at high quality prices. I thought the name of the store was a perfect fit, but maybe it was just me. Check out Yelp for reviews of the store...

Old 04-25-2010, 08:48 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,883,491 times
^ agree with you on the furniture but they do have some outstanding rugs... Peshwar from Pakistan and Indian rugs as well as very nice hand tied Chineese.
However you have to really look and pick through because along with Beautiful hand tied hand dyed rugs are tons of Cheap ones!

If you know rugs you can find good deals.
We have bought a couple when they have thier big Rug sale...not really negoatable but we got free rug pads thrown in and they carry the the REALLY good rug pads for hardwood floors.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:19 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,529,597 times
I dislike that store oh so much! The name fully fits.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:23 AM

2,394 posts, read 8,593,636 times
When we were looking for office furniture, we walked through The Dump. They had a couple pieces we had noted we liked at other stores. Their prices were higher. We left and never went back.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:37 AM

1 posts, read 3,466 times
Default the dump - NOT at all a dump

I shopped at The Dump last weekend. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the large majority of the furniture wasn't junk. It was actually higher end, quality furniture. Mostly, I didn't see any ridiculously low prices but there certainly seemed to be good deals... better deals than I saw at the other 5 furniture stores we shopped. I ended up buying a leather sofa and loveseat and a mahogany bedroom suite. I got it delivered and all showed up without any problems. Very happy with our experience.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:33 AM

13 posts, read 38,703 times
Too much traditional-style furniture and I don't think the prices were that much better than Havertys, Ashley, Freeds, etc.
They do have great prices on beds and mattresses.
It's not worth the drive... unless you live close to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas